Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I've been watching Inspector Morse reruns on ITV3. I know it's a much-loved show and this may be sacrilege but IMHO the episodes based on original novels by Colin Dexter are superb, but the ones based on new scripts (often by Danny Boyle, who I've always though was massively overrated as a director) are utter garbage. Particularly Cherubim and Seraphim (directed by Boyle), the portrayal of 'drug culture' in that is fucking laughable.

Edited by Boojum

12 hours ago, Hiphip said:

We are now trying to decypher "Inside number 9" again lol

Cheers :smokin:

Oh yeah , just started watching this now for some reason , missed out on it

• Like 1

All of Rick and Morty. 

Altered Carbon (2nd series just released) 

All of breaking bad and better call saul

Love death and robots

Black mirror. 

Night Manager

Killing Eve

• Like 3

Just finished the last season of The Expanse, which I thought was an excellent sci-fi, my favorite since the Battlestar Galactica remake, and pisses all over anything star trek.

• Like 3

I think I'll give Altered Carbon a watch , unless anybody tells me it's really not worth it

otherwise I'll be reduced to watching some of the Marvel stuff :nerd:

Here's one that appears to have sneaked under the radar ..

https://www.sky.com/watch/avenue-5

It's got a "The Thick of It" vibe, but it's set in the future in space. It's nowhere near the intensity of other Ianucci creations, but it grows on you.

Just finished Episode 8, which has a beautifully constructed crowd scene which is horribly dark (people get frozen to death as they are fired out of an airlock) but which had MrsJP and I pissing ourselves with laughter. Very "Kipper and the Corpse" level of black humour.

And Hugh Laurie is good as ever - with a rainbow of accents.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

Here's one that appears to have sneaked under the radar ..

https://www.sky.com/watch/avenue-5

It's got a "The Thick of It" vibe, but it's set in the future in space. It's nowhere near the intensity of other Ianucci creations, but it grows on you.

Just finished Episode 8, which has a beautifully constructed crowd scene which is horribly dark (people get frozen to death as they are fired out of an airlock) but which had MrsJP and I pissing ourselves with laughter. Very "Kipper and the Corpse" level of black humour.

And Hugh Laurie is good as ever - with a rainbow of accents.

I've been watching every week, fucking brilliant, great cast, great writing, highly recommend it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I'll have to give that a go, love Armando Ianucci and Hugh Laurie :)

I'd call it a slow burner ... but it sets up some pretty funny stuff. I'm guessing you'd also piss yourself at Ep. 8 ... so much truth in it ...

• Like 1

The Plot Against America  -  alternative history in which Charles Lindbergh wins the 1940 election and America turns fascist. Seen from the perspective from a NJ Jewish working class family. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

The Plot Against America  -  alternative history in which Charles Lindbergh wins the 1940 election and America turns fascist. Seen from the perspective from a NJ Jewish working class family. 

On my too watch list mate....."hypernormalisation"...its about how banks overrun america...well worth a watch if yer into political shite

• Like 1

The documentary about the Australian cricket team on Amazon is really good (that's for the 1% here interested in that kind of thing)

• Like 2