Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm Just D/L a new series called Hunters & looks promising.

A diverse band of Nazi hunters living in 1977 New York City discover hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S.
The eclectic team will set out on a bloody quest to bring them to justice.

13 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

I'm Just D/L a new series called Hunters & looks promising.

I was interested in that but the reviews are pretty bad so I'll let somebody else watch it first

Just wanted to start a free4all topic where everyone could drop in what they are watching, I mainly use NetFlix these days but others are more then welcome to post anything they are currently watching.

This evening I'm going to be watching season two of Altered Carbon.

*Might ask NetFlix to add 'I grow chronic' while I'm at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterfingerz said:

Just wanted to start a free4all topic where everyone could drop in what they are watching, I mainly use NetFlix these days but others are more then welcome to post anything they are currently watching.

This evening I'm going to be watching season two of Altered Carbon.

*Might ask NetFlix to add 'I grow chronic' while I'm at it.

Remember I watched that ages ago lol fella painted in green talking about his little nozzle with a smirk. Made me laugh but thought the info was good.

I just watched the second episode of channel 4's prison. Showing inside a woman's Nick rather than a man's for once. Found it a whole lot sadder to watch I suppose as they are women. Many seemed to be victims of their past and I know could make that argument for men inside too. Doesn't excuse whatever they've done but I couldn't help feel sorry for em. Victims of domestic violence, rape and whatever else has gone on in their life's. Just sad that being a victim has ended up leading em down a path where now they are being punished. Mostly seemed to be drug addicts without much hope I'm sorry to say. Probably get out and be around the same crowd and fall back into the same routine. 

• Like 2

That vid was one of the main vids that made me decide to say fuck it around 2002/3, if he can do it I can do it & before you know it,

I had a half decent set up delivered within a week (minus the Co2) & haven't looked back since.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joolz said:

Just noticed a new season of Better Call Saul on Netflix

gonna have to watch the last season again because I'm fucked if I can remember it lol

I agree with the majority of critics that say it could end up being better than Breaking Bad ... Not quite sure if we'll wait to binge it, or pick up the first 2 episodes and then wait ...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

I agree with the majority of critics that say it could end up being better than Breaking Bad

i'm rewatching bb with friends who missed it the first time, i must say it doesn't stand up to a second viewing very well, lots of padding and very boring episodes, i was drunk the first time so it was ok but as i'm driving to my friends i'm sober and it's quite painful to watch with people who heard me banging on about it before lol

better call saul is ok, but i got bored after the second season.

7 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i'm rewatching bb with friends who missed it the first time, i must say it doesn't stand up to a second viewing very well, lots of padding and very boring episodes,

The (in)famous "fly" scene they had to shoot having run out of money ...

Most great dramas work because you see the characters change and evolve in reaction to their circumstances. Arguably that's what separates that from a mere long running series where any one episode could be followed by any other episode.

Just now, JimmyPage said:

that was just one of many episodes that could have been culled, seriously it is a two season show at best, so much boring dialogue it's not true!

shame as there was some good characters, but jessie aint one lol

22 hours ago, Joolz said:

gonna have to watch the last season again because I'm fucked if I can remember it

Don't worry, nothing happened...

...just like in the other four seasons.

;)

4 hours ago, JimmyPage said:

I agree with the majority of critics that say it could end up being better than Breaking Bad ... Not quite sure if we'll wait to binge it, or pick up the first 2 episodes and then wait ...

I watched the first 2 and realised I couldn't watch the rest yet , I can't be doing with that , it's like the old days of TV

I confess I've not watched the whole of Breaking Bad. I started watching it, downloaded the first couple of seasons and enjoyed the episodes I watched, but I'm not sure I even finished the second season cos it just didn't grip me, I didn't really care what happened.

3 hours ago, JimmyPage said:

I haven't heard about that although I do remember the fly episode and how pointless it seemed