Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Tried to watch the first episode of The Witcher last night, what a big squishy bag of shit! I had to turn it off.

The CGI/sfx are aweful and I have seen better costume/prop/set design on Xena Warrior Princess. Its poorly written and directed with cuts and jumps between scenes all over the place, cliche romance bullshit and just cringey wank story telling in general, and fuck all in the way of any character development.

I have always thought Henry Cavill was a shit actor, he just about pulled off Superman having very little dialogue and the fact him being so wooden just about works with the awkward out of place man of Steel he portrays. But fuck he takes the biscuit with this one, what the fuck is that muttering accent all about, I played the Witcher 3 and yes he has a low rough voice but he doesnt sound like Batman Begins wearing a Darth Vader mask with asthma and a sore throat doing a Popeye impression. The supporting cast all seem fresh out of acting school or whatever too. 

I dont know why this is getting good reviews off people, unless Netflix are just paying them.

Better than GoT my fucking arse. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iBMe said:

sound like Batman Begins wearing a Darth Vader mask with asthma and a sore throat doing a Popeye impression.

lol

On 31/12/2017 at 5:42 PM, ratdog said:

Been watching Man like Mobeen, probably the first bbc comedy I have found genuinely laugh out loud funny for years, one 4 eps and they are only 20mins, watched the first two and I love it already, and they play snippets of Cypress Hill, I don`t think I ever hear the Hill on the beeb before lol 

Series 3 has been dropped on iPlayer ....

Just rewatching Sopranos. Apart from some tilted Batman camera angles in the first two seasons it still holds up. So good.

Just watched the Earth at Night series. Animas are more nocturnal than previously thought. Great haf watching.

• Like 3

On 07/02/2020 at 5:21 PM, ratdog said:

i thought series 2 was poor mate

Series 3 only had 5 episodes, nothing really original and an implausibly heavy ending, just as series 2 did.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the first three episodes. It's getting a lot of hate on social media by many conservative commentators - so that's a plus. 

Edited by ESG
  • Like 1

Season 23 of southpark is bloody marvellous. 

Living with Yourself is excellent too. 

Russian doll is also brilliant

• Like 1

been on youtube   ......   found  a cartoon series  ... adult ....  called ...(BRICKLEBERRYS )....  i havent laughed this much in years ....   bloody hysterical ..

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Got to say thanks to the folk who recommended Rick & Morty, I was late getting into it & didnt start watching till the end of the 3rd series.

• Like 3

The first series of Kidding was so great, and ended so perfectly, that my heart sank when I saw there was a second series. The first two new episodes confirmed my worse fears, but it picks up and the magic returns. This is a show driven by deep dark undercurrents.