Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 24/01/2020 at 3:54 PM, itsmeithink said:

ertugrul on netflix is a really must watch, loosely based on true events/people that led up to and started the ottoman empir.

its got english subs and the characters and their development is first class.

there are 150 episodes aswell,

probably my favourite series or tied with the wire.

I'm on season 3 of Ertugrul too and couldn't recommend it enough, The Wire is my all time favourite too btw :skin_up:

I think you could at least treble that 150 episodes, there is nearly that in season two alone 

Aslihan is there in season 3 alright :cowboy:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dill786 said:

haha

you can tell me bro. is it Aslihan Hatun  ?? actually i am on season 4  she is a sexy lady so is halime sultan

yep aslihan hatun was my favourite hatun, by a mile, :yep:

51 minutes ago, hilbilly hifi said:

I'm on season 3 of Ertugrul too and couldn't recommend it enough, The Wire is my all time favourite too btw :skin_up:

I think you could at least treble that 150 episodes, there is nearly that in season two alone 

good tastes alright m8.

loved the wire and bubs was my favourite in there  :yep:

ertugrul is obviously the fan fave but i loved bamsi alp

Aslihan hatun was seriously one lovely looking lady, ( my little turkish delight alright )

• Like 1

Guest dill786
3 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

good tastes alright m8.

loved the wire and bubs was my favourite in there  :yep:

ertugrul is obviously the fan fave but i loved bamsi alp

Aslihan hatun was seriously one lovely looking lady, ( my little turkish delight alright )

you know bamsi alp in real life spent 16 years in a byzantine prison..  

lots of people are going over to turkey just to visit the graves of these people especially etrugul after watching it.

Yeah Bamsi is the man for sure bit of a lovable oaf but comes with great insight when least expected ha , it's not a period in history I knew much about at the outset tbh so reading up on Ertugrul and Ibn Arabi and the Seljuks has been interesting for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, dill786 said:

you know bamsi alp in real life spent 16 years in a byzantine prison..  

lots of people are going over to turkey just to visit the graves of these people especially etrugul after watching it.

yes i spent a bit of time reading about ertugrul and his legend that was osman.

and the series gave me a whole new view on islam and its faith, and was really quite enlightened as a white atheist , all the propaganda and extremists make what looks like a calm and caring and inspiring religion look terrible.

the readings by ibn arabi in the series were fab. 

• Like 1

I was looking into an Ertugrul themed holiday to Turkmenistan last week, other than visiting Ertugrul Gazi mosque there's not much else there makes sense that these are in Turkey I was looking at the wrong place really haha there is a flaming crater in the desert there called the gates of hell that would be nice to see if I ever get the chance to visit 

3 minutes ago, hilbilly hifi said:

Yeah Bamsi is the man for sure bit of a lovable oaf but comes with great insight when least expected ha , it's not a period in history I knew much about at the outset tbh so reading up on Ertugrul and Ibn Arabi and the Seljuks has been interesting for me. 

yep he was my man, 2 sworded warrior, 

i was completely unaware of this part of history too and watch too much historical stuff tbh, ( eisengruppen death squads and anything around the holocaust i find strangely drawn towards as it highlights just how people can become monsters given the right circumstances and then am grateful for the lavish world we live in now)

• Like 1

Guest dill786

1 hour ago, hilbilly hifi said:

was watching this, thought i share it

going spend the rest of this evening watching a couple episodes of prison break, am on season 2 and finding it quite good but not brilliant

Guest dill786
On 25/01/2020 at 5:40 PM, hilbilly hifi said:

i just checked i am on season 3 episode 54.   

damn so many twists, betrayals, intrigue, double-crosses.......

i usually watch a few episodes daily but had to to take a break in case i end up living my real life in the 12th century  lol

eyvallah bey

2 hours ago, dill786 said:

i just checked i am on season 3 episode 54.   

damn so many twists, betrayals, intrigue, double-crosses.......

i usually watch a few episodes daily but had to to take a break in case i end up living my real life in the 12th century  lol

eyvallah bey

You're 20 episodes ahead of me at that, I'm on a break from smoking at the moment and I thought that might reduce my Ertugrul time as I do love a big spliff in front of the telly but nah I'm obviously a lot more addicted to the Turkmen tales than the ganja. I would agree with you that the line between reality and 12th century life is becoming increasingly blurred dunno if it's a good or bad thing but it's a lot more messy since I took to eating all meals with a wooden spoon, thankfully there's no end in sight cause it's going to be some hollowed out feeling of emptiness when it's over! What's your usual episode count per day? I reckon there's not many days I wouldn't get through 3 or 4.

Guest dill786
4 minutes ago, hilbilly hifi said:

You're 20 episodes ahead of me at that, I'm on a break from smoking at the moment and I thought that might reduce my Ertugrul time as I do love a big spliff in front of the telly but nah I'm obviously a lot more addicted to the Turkmen tales than the ganja. I would agree with you that the line between reality and 12th century life is becoming increasingly blurred dunno if it's a good or bad thing but it's a lot more messy since I took to eating all meals with a wooden spoon, thankfully there's no end in sight cause it's going to be some hollowed out feeling of emptiness when it's over! What's your usual episode count per day? I reckon there's not many days I wouldn't get through 3 or 4.

bey,

i watch around 4 to 5 in one night, on the weekends maybe 5 to 6.   

they even sell the jewellery on Ebay was thinking of getting the thumb ring  lol

yeah, i noticed they carry the wooden spoons around with them, i guess it makes sense,

hurry up and catch up with me i need someone to talk to about it lol.  my brother has seen it all from start to finish so i cant talk to him in case he reveals the plot to me,  learnt something devastating that's gonna happen soon, he told me by mistake and i am not looking forward to it  lol

2 minutes ago, dill786 said:

bey,

i watch around 4 to 5 in one night, on the weekends maybe 5 to 6.   

they even sell the jewellery on Ebay was thinking of getting the thumb ring  lol

yeah, i noticed they carry the wooden spoons around with them, i guess it makes sense,

hurry up and catch up with me i need someone to talk to about it lol.  my brother has seen it all from start to finish so i cant talk to him in case he reveals the plot to me,  learnt something devastating that's gonna happen soon, he told me by mistake and i am not looking forward to it  lol

That's pretty hardcore alright I don't know if there's enough hours in the day for me to catch you at that rate of going but I'll do my best Dill Bey :)

Yeah some of the clothes and jewellery and knives are class alright you'll have to go all out and get a bow and arrow too if you're gonna wear the thumb ring though :P I was obsessed with the movie the Big Lebowski when I was younger and that was the foundation for my appreciation of Ottoman rugs I think so I be green with envy looking at some of the rugs on display. Nothing ties a room together like an Ottoman rug.

I think I'm ready for some devastation it's been a good run so far as I am in season 3 a good funeral wouldn't go amiss.