Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

The Outsider - US Scandi-noir style child murder investigation. Slow but intriguing.

Babylon Berlin - Sex and Drugs and Trotskyite counterrevolutionaries in 1920's Berlin. Lavishly funded. Avoid the dubbed version.

68 Whiskey - MASH meets Bluestone 42. The pilot episode is so-so; it might be ok. American military types hate it with a vengeance.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:35 PM, stummer said:

I just got around to watching that afterlife on netflix, a few episodes anyway. I have to say I thought it was wicked. Funny at times but also actually some real sadness to it. Gonna watch the rest tonight in bed and deffo watch the second series when that comes out. A lot of sad truths behind it all I thought even behind all the comedy of it. Have to say I noticed it was quite a good soundtrack as well, noticed some lou reed in the background and bit of nick cave. Thumbs up from me, if anyone hasn't seen it yet. 

I enjoyed afterlife too, I like gervais standup comedy but didn't enjoy the office/extras/Derek at all, the kids mam loved them all but not for me.

Afterlife was alright though, like you sad/serious in parts but funny as fuck too :yep:

• Like 2

On 03/01/2020 at 11:47 PM, FatBoy77 said:

Ozark, if not already mentioned. Which it surely must have been, so bump. 

cheers for that, 1st season almost done, really enjoying it  :yep:

On 19/01/2020 at 0:25 AM, Joolz said:

cheers for that, 1st season almost done, really enjoying it  :yep:

If you liked that try The Outsider. Top doggies danglies. 

ertugrul on netflix is a really must watch, loosely based on true events/people that led up to and started the ottoman empir.

its got english subs and the characters and their development is first class.

there are 150 episodes aswell,

probably my favourite series or tied with the wire.

• Like 3

On 24/01/2020 at 3:54 PM, itsmeithink said:

ertugrul on netflix is a really must watch

All episodes are also free on Youtube in high quality, for those of us freeloaders who would never dream of paying a subscription for media that we can get for free :v:

Edited by i11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, i11 said:

All episodes are also free on Youtube in high quality, for those of us freeloaders who would never dream of paying a subscription for media that we can get for free :v:

:thumsup: kids and us love netflix, we don't do sky etc so :thumsup:

Have you watched it at all, and what did you think ?

just going to start the new kurulus osman sequel available freely on 

https://osmanonline.co.uk/?page_id=207

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsmeithink said:

Not yet mate, but it's getting such good reviews so it's deffo on the list. I need to be in ther mood for subtitled movies/series though. I usually only watch stuff in the night when I'm nicely baked, so can't be arsed with subtitles sometimes :v:

• Like 1

Guest dill786
13 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

:thumsup: kids and us love netflix, we don't do sky etc so :thumsup:

just going to start the new kurulus osman sequel available freely on 

https://osmanonline.co.uk/?page_id=207

ive been watching it, i actually mentioned it a few pages back..

i am on season 3 now...    i really like it, especially the storylines and the clothes they wear and the hatuns especially selcan hatun my fave character in season 1 and 2. my other fave character was Baycu Noyan  the mongol commander, thanks for the link to kurulus osman ill check that out after i finished this one....

ertugul has become a worldwide hit really big in South America too.  

Edited by dill786

19 minutes ago, dill786 said:

ive been watching it, i actually mentioned it a few pages back..

i am on season 3 now...    i really like it, especially the storylines and the clothes they wear and the hatuns especially selcan hatun my fave character in season 1 and 2. my other fave character was Baycu Noyan  the mongol commander, thanks for the link to kurulus osman ill check that out after i finished this one....

ertugul has become a worldwide hit really big in South America too.  

yes loved it aswell m8, wish i hadn't seen it all twice yet, 

its a rollercoaster from season 1-5.

my favourite hatun is not in season 3 i don't think, i think she comes in season 4 with a vile brother and a good brother, i won't spoil her name but tag me back in when you finished.

30 minutes ago, i11 said:

Not yet mate, but it's getting such good reviews so it's deffo on the list. I need to be in ther mood for subtitled movies/series though. I usually only watch stuff in the night when I'm nicely baked, so can't be arsed with subtitles sometimes :v:

I'm sure you would enjoy it. :bong:

Guest dill786
4 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

yes loved it aswell m8, wish i hadn't seen it all twice yet, 

its a rollercoaster from season 1-5.

my favourite hatun is not in season 3 i don't think, i think she comes in season 4 with a vile brother and a good brother, i won't spoil her name but tag me back in when you finished.

haha

you can tell me bro. is it Aslihan Hatun  ?? actually i am on season 4  she is a sexy lady so is halime sultan

Edited by dill786