Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 03/01/2020 at 11:18 PM, Poisonata said:

So normally religious based dramas I steer well clear of as its not my cup of tea being an agnostic type. But this, well I was surprised and its rating has slowly been creeping up over the last few days since the release.

large.Capture.JPG

Just be sure you find the right one, Netflix Original as there are several with similar name :yep:

Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Really enjoyable, not what I was expecting at all. Looking forward to the rest later on. Cheers :v:

• Like 2

Bit mad, I literally just came on here to ask is the messiah worth a watch? My dad's been going on about it being good. He goes on so much though or just in a way that when he does I don't listen to him lol .

Other thing he said was funny is afterlife on Netflix. After the way Gervais went on at the awards show, I thought I'd YouTube the series. Few clips I've seen does look quite funny so think I'd give that a try. Should keep me entertained over the weekend and still ain't got round to watching the Irishman.

I just got around to watching that afterlife on netflix, a few episodes anyway. I have to say I thought it was wicked. Funny at times but also actually some real sadness to it. Gonna watch the rest tonight in bed and deffo watch the second series when that comes out. A lot of sad truths behind it all I thought even behind all the comedy of it. Have to say I noticed it was quite a good soundtrack as well, noticed some lou reed in the background and bit of nick cave. Thumbs up from me, if anyone hasn't seen it yet. 

• Like 1

Just watched the mandalorian over 2 days wi the Mrs she wasn't sold on it to start with even tho she does like star wars but the child sold her on it ffs 5 million dollars worth of cute is what it takes lol

Loved the show its more like the original trilogy star wars than any of the newer films it gets the feel right and the look right its the first star wars from disney that i can say I properly like if yer a fan give it a go :yep:

Guest dill786
On 10/01/2020 at 3:35 PM, stummer said:

I just got around to watching that afterlife on netflix, a few episodes anyway. I have to say I thought it was wicked. Funny at times but also actually some real sadness to it. Gonna watch the rest tonight in bed and deffo watch the second series when that comes out. A lot of sad truths behind it all I thought even behind all the comedy of it. Have to say I noticed it was quite a good soundtrack as well, noticed some lou reed in the background and bit of nick cave. Thumbs up from me, if anyone hasn't seen it yet. 

i watched all the episodes and too be honest with you it ws OK,, it was just an extension of the office, short life etc,, same old jokes same old humour same delivery style nothing new.  he plays the same character in everything he has ever done lol , it was ok but you could see the jokes coming and the punchlines, even some of the other actors were from the old series of the office and short life

MrsJP and I have finally gotten around to Derry Girls and so far (S2E3) it's been pitch perfect. Can't recommend it enough.

1 hour ago, dill786 said:

i watched all the episodes and too be honest with you it ws OK,, it was just an extension of the office, short life etc,, same old jokes same old humour same delivery style nothing new.  he plays the same character in everything he has ever done lol , it was ok but you could see the jokes coming and the punchlines, even some of the other actors were from the old series of the office and short life

I've never seen the office but have heard of it. It's also funny that you say that. I mentioned to a mate after life and asked if he'd seen it. When I said it starred Ricky, he replied saying he saw a movie of his ages ago. Movie was called the invention of lying. About a world where humans can't ever lie but his ended up being the one who can. Only saw the trailer but straight away thought it seems very similar to after life with the not lying and lying roles being reversed. Sounds like Ricky has found his little niche and milking it as much as he can. Was gonna give the office a try after watching this. If it's more of the same thing though I won't bother. 

• Like 1

Recently watched 8 Days (German) great. Currently watching Black Mirror. Charlie Brooker written weird stuff. Also Great

Edited by Larry Badgeley

On 03/01/2020 at 11:18 PM, Poisonata said:

So normally religious based dramas I steer well clear of as its not my cup of tea being an agnostic type. But this, well I was surprised and its rating has slowly been creeping up over the last few days since the release.

large.Capture.JPG

Just be sure you find the right one, Netflix Original as there are several with similar name :yep:

Reluctantly gave this a try, under duress. Pains me to say its made a decent start. 

Gonna make a start on this messiah tomorrow. My old man watched it and went on about it as he usually does. Another fella I know said he enjoyed it though. Suppose all I can do is give it a try. He good to find a series I can get into. 

I remember ages ago watching something about people going to live on another planet or something. Wasn't the one with subtitles which is on Netflix. Think this was on sky and may have ended up proper pony but gonna try find that again n watch more of it. Only caught first episode. Name of it was the name given to going on a new planet and creating oxygen or something. Will find it.

messiah for me was brill. i had to put subs on tho but made it better. cant wait for 2.

and

room 104. is ok.it  is a bit like black mirror an twilight zone/ ok for bored days