Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just watched the second episode of Silicon Valley and I'm definitely gonna stick with it.. Anyone else watching? Mike judge, HBO.. Get on it guys and gals :)

you seem to have a short memory mate lol

lol What can I say, I was drunk then so totally forgot that I'd watched it. I'm drunk again and maybe in a better mood so didn't think it was that bad.

lol What can I say, I was drunk then so totally forgot that I'd watched it. I'm drunk again and maybe in a better mood so didn't think it was that bad.

:)

I can never get into stuff that was better before, when a show goes down hill that`s it for me

I`m too fussy and don`t really watch many shows these days, so have to read more than I used to lol

e2a, i really laughed at the banter between the chief and olyphant, proper gut laughed, but that`s all gone :(

Edited by ratdog

@@Boojum I really enjoyed Treme thanks for the heads up ;)

Was superb wasn't it :)

If you've n ot watched The Corner yet I wholeheartedly recommend it (By the same people who made The Wire and Treme).

Was superb wasn't it :)

If you've n ot watched The Corner yet I wholeheartedly recommend it (By the same people who made The Wire and Treme).

Top Drawer entertainment. I'll definitely give The Corner a go if those two series are owt to go by.

Edited by chickenlipsr4

Pretty sure that most will have watched Band Of Brothers but just watched it again. When I watched The Wire I thought it was possibly the greatest piece of TV drama I had ever watched but after Band Of Brothers again, not so sure now, BOB really is a superb piece of TV. What an emotional ride.

I'm really liking Vikings now , either it got much better or I wasn't in the right mood when I watched the first one

I quite like Endeavour on ITV as well , it's Morse when he was younger

• Like 2

Pretty sure that most will have watched Band Of Brothers but just watched it again. When I watched The Wire I thought it was possibly the greatest piece of TV drama I had ever watched but after Band Of Brothers again, not so sure now, BOB really is a superb piece of TV. What an emotional ride.

If you like Band of Brothers, then check out The Pacific if you haven't already. Its not quite as good as BoB, but definitely worth watching if you're a fan :)

If you like Band of Brothers, then check out The Pacific if you haven't already. Its not quite as good as BoB, but definitely worth watching if you're a fan :)

I tried Pacific but perhaps because of an unconscious comparison with BoB I found it 'thin'. Band of Brothers really captured something, I watched it the first time pretty much emotionally neutral, largely, but the more I've watched it the more emotionally evolved I've become, the last time I watched , just now, was very difficult and may be the last time I watch it. It is a staggering thing, adjectives don't do it! For any one who 'loves' this piece of work there is a documentary with the men on youtube.

(e2a: I only watched 2 episodes of The Pacific)

Edited by Hir

I'm really liking Vikings now , either it got much better or I wasn't in the right mood when I watched the first one

I quite like Endeavour on ITV as well , it's Morse when he was younger

I find Endeavour a bit hit & miss, I don't think it's as good as Morse was (but then again it's not actually based on stories written by Colin Dexter, and I thought the Morse episodes not adapted from the books were the weakest ones - I thought Cherubim and Seraphim was dreadful), but I do think it's a lot better than Lewis.

Edited by Boojum

As far as, I guess I'd call it 'historical' police/detective telly goes I much preferred Foyle's War to Endeavour, I thought that was consistently excellent (perhaps mostly because I thought Michael Kitchen was brilliant as Foyle, a superbly understated performance). I do like Shaun Evans as the young Morse though, and I think Roger Allam is really good as Thursday.

• Like 1

one series to avoid like the plague is 'nip tuck', my other half tried to get me into it, what a load of absolute rubbish, I think I watched a whole series of it before I finally gave up, some of the story lines were ridiculously far fetched. it did have the little fella from game of thrones in it though.

Guest Doozy

Best TV show i've seen since The Sopranos and The Wire is 'Boss', only 2 seasons as the US network cancelled it after that. Brilliant programme.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1833285/

Mad Men, Nip Tuck and Southlands are all good too.

If you want comedy, Trailer Park Boys and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia are a good start.

Edited by Doozy
  • Like 1