Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

17 hours ago, McHazy said:

Never tried Iain Banks going to now :yep:

16 hours ago, Boojum said:

I highly recommend him. He wrote sci fi stuff as Iain M Banks (probably my favourite sci fi author, The Culture is a brilliant creation, start with Consider Phlebas) and non-sci fi stuff as Iain Banks (I'd recommend starting with his first - The Wasp Factory, dark as fuck). There was always a dark edge to his writing, but he was a humanist (and just a fucking decent and incredibly intelligent bloke) like Pratchett and it comes across in his work, as well as his staggering imagination. A good man and a great storyteller :)

Boojum talking about the culture series made me read them. Can not recommend them enough, they’re awesome books. 

Start ar the beginning and work through, consider phlebus (the first one) is quite different to all the others so persevere (my wife didn’t and it makes me sad and feel like she doesn’t trust my book recommendations :sadwalk: )

• Like 2

Just starting season 2 of Justified, which I think was perhaps the very best season - Mags Bennet is a superb character, absolutely fucking terrifying :fear:

• Like 2

@Boojum

ive just remembered, have you heard that amazon are apparently turning consider phlebas into a series?

im not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I hope they don’t fuck it up.

17 minutes ago, Cursed said:

ive just remembered, have you heard that amazon are apparently turning consider phlebas into a series?

im not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I hope they don’t fuck it up.

If it's anything like The Boys it will be shit lol

e2a the boys start ok but die half-way through the season, sadly as i loved the idea.

Edited by ratdog

High society on channel 4

Two part series in a cafe in Amsterdam. Its about different groups of people wanting to try cannabis for various reasons. 

The two cops are brilliant :rofl:

Had to watch it twice

Edited by The Padawan
  • Like 1

Undone - A twentysomething Texan underachiever experiences time distortion following a near fatal car crash. Rotoscope animation co-written by the guy who did Bojack Horseman, and including Bob Odenkirk among the cast. I don't know where they're going with it, but looks interesting.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody made a post about Godfather of Harlem in the film section. Whoever it was, nice one :yep:

It deserves a mention here.

Only on ep.2 and it looks like a winner. Don’t fuck with Bumpy Johnson.:badass:

• Like 1

New series of ...

Bering Sea Gold 

Final Space 

Mom

Modern Family 

And catching up on series 3 of High Maintenance and series 2 of Barry 

New series of Get SHorty and Mr Robot.

Spooner's Patch - early 80's sitcom set in a suburban police station full of gleefully corrupt, incompetent, dissolute buffoons.  It was only broadcast once and never reshown; I suspect it was "discouraged" for political reasons. Anyway, now resurfaced on youtube.