Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

14 hours ago, stu914 said:

Friday Night Dinner...just finished watching series 5...Mark Heap is a fecking legend...brilliantly funny...:notworthy:

33 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

My kid loves it, I seen the first 4 series and no doubt will be watching the fifth any day now then..

It's a bit of a cringe fest imo but still funny in parts..

The one where mark heaps character touches the live wire... lol

Yeah cringey but funny

Ohh I agree, Mark Heap like you say can be cringe worthy, but fuck me, he's very funny and the dad also cracks some classic one liners lol

• Like 3

Dont know if its been mentioned but theres a new Aussie TV show called Les Norton, its based on an Australian writer called robert G barrett

& Les Norton is basically an outback guy who ends up working as a door man for a melbourne Kingpin, well worth a watch .

• Like 1

if ewe want a chuckle.......

also another great show..............

worth a watch if you want a grin lol

On 17/08/2019 at 0:18 AM, Boojum said:

Watching Lost again, after that ending ???

I rewatched the whole lot about 3 months ago, I really enjoyed the development of some of the characters, the way the sci-fi element was written, and the humour but yeah, the ending sucked.    

Play the LOST drinking game - down a shot every time your hear "whatever happened, happened.."   lol  

Edited by Saddam

dont think its been mentioned here yet, but Pennyworth is great so far, just about to watch episode 5. 

its about batmans butler alfred when he was young and just met batmans dad, nothing like batman by the way, 7.5 out of 10 so far.:yinyang:

Slightly different series, there has just been a drop of the second part of lectures/debates from the World Science Festival, they are about the brain and what it is to be the self, neurons etc and the science of these things, watched a couple, and they are really good/though provoking.

@Dodgee :)

• Like 3

Drunk and bored, gonna give The Boys a watch. Not expecting much, the TV version of Garth Ennis' Preacher was fucking awful, maybe this won't be such a fucking abortion.

OK, kinda enjoying it so far, apart from Karl Urban. What kind of accent is that ? :unsure: He's a kiwi but that's not a New Zealand accent, it's not Aussie either. It's kinda some bizarre hybrid of Oz and mockney, presumably for American audiences that find real non-American accents a bit challenging :rolleyes:

Piss poor show when that happens, tailoring accents to American tastes. Like the bad Irish accents they're so fond of - they're after me lucky charms :headpain:

• Like 1

watching old 1984  

Big Deal Series on youtube about a poker player. lots you you will remember this.great old stuff love it

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of Brassic last night, written and stars Joe Gilgun from This Is England, it was pretty funny so I'll watch the rest, he's also growing in an underground container so stays on topic with UK420 lol

• Like 1

Interested to see if that's any good, got a lot of time for Joe Gilgun, and co-creator Daniel Brocklehurst worked on Shameless (though I think the later seasons which weren't as good as the early ones IMHO).

• Like 3

Likewise @Boojum and its why I gave it a go, he did an interesting interview yesterday on Radio 5, well worth a listen to the full version, google it and you should find it.

ETA: Ohh agreed, Shameless was brilliant but then way out stayed its welcome and went proper shit

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 1

It may have already been mentioned but I have been watching Gamorrah and find it captivating. Italian subtitles however which may put some off. 

just watched all 6 episodes of brassic and im in tears lol if you think dyeing the pony in the first episode was mental wait til the koi carp lol

eta second season getting recorded end of september

Edited by monster69

Watched the first season of preacher when it first came out and really enjoyed it...bit then somehow forgot about it, prob cos game of thrones, Westworld, legion which was also on at the time.

Just started watching season two and I think I'm enjoying more than the first, it's bat shit crazy..had me feeling a bit  sorry for Hitler last episode lol definitely worth a watch!