Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

49 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Is it "the great hack" mate?, can't find the hack

Yeah that's it. Sorry man 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Saddam said:

The whole thing was about Cambridge Analytica :soap:   I've no sympathy for the FaceFuck degenerates who filled out a personal survey which ended up with them (and their friends lol )  giving out 5,000 data points which were used to target them during elections. Daft cunts lol    

The TVs been hijacked by my kid so I'm waiting to watch the rest. Can't do watching on the phone.

But yeah, whilst I don't sympathise I think it's something more people need to be aware of. 

And good to see Netflix covering it.  They've done some tidy documentaries lately in fairness like.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Stranger Things is the best documentary Netflix has done so far. lol    

Your a hard to please fucker at the best of times though sadds lol

Thanks for the heads up on Chernobyl though, I been enjoying that :yep: and it led me to do a bit of research on the actual event too which although not perhaps "enjoyable" it was certainly enlightening.

Nice1 :yinyang:

• Like 3

I've got this unsettling feeling that the Stranger Things writers are going to use the Chernobyl accident as a plot device in season 4. Don't ask me why as I don't want to ruin season 3 for anyone, I've just got a feeling based on the timeline. 

I really hope they don't, it would be in rather poor taste imho. 

On 7/29/2019 at 4:00 PM, Saddam said:

Just over a month to go until The Dark Crystal reboot!!  I can't wait for Age of Resistance. :yahoo:

I had no idea this was happening @Saddam The Dark Crystal was mint, loved it when it came out as a kid, lets hope they don't ruin it :yinyang:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Serpent said:

I had no idea this was happening @Saddam The Dark Crystal was mint, loved it when it came out as a kid, lets hope they don't ruin it :yinyang:

Have you watched the trailer on YT? :)  It brought a  few tears of joy. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

Ohh spooky, I was just watching it on YouTube when you posted this @Saddam

Yeah looks stunning and I won't lie, I got a few goose bumps, I haven't got or have any intention of getting Netflix though :(

• Like 2

You don't need Netflix. lol  But you could always sign up for the 30 day free trial on August 30th. :smug:  

Live action, puppetry and cgi. :notworthy:  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saddam said:

You don't need Netflix. lol  But you could always sign up for the 30 day free trial on August 30th. :smug:  

Live action, puppetry and cgi. :notworthy:  

lollollol I know, but what I used to use got proper dodgy so stopped.

Ohh yes, at first I thought it was just CGI, but so glad there's puppetry and Jim Henson's crew are involved, be sacrilege if they weren't :george:

• Like 1

Bit random but did you know Lisa Maxwell of The Bill & Eastenders voiced Kira in the original film? :eek:  

I can't be the only person on the forum absolutely loving Legion? It's a fucking masterpiece...this final season has been one great episode after another...

The rap battle between Germaine Clement and Jason Manzoukis in yesterday's episode was hilarious and genius and not something I thought I'd ever see...BEST. SHOW. EVER 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OLaC said:

I can't be the only person on the forum absolutely loving Legion?

I struggled with it tbh, I found it very disturbing mate, but then it was around the time I had to go to rehab a deal with a benzo addiction and subsequent taper so perhaps that didn't help lol There was a scene where someone started playing jazz on the record player ( I think it was a guy from flight of the concords? or looked like him)  and it all went sideways after that for me lol

I'll give it another go now I'm stable again lol

• Like 1

4 weddings & a funeral, the mini-series. :russian:   

I'm not going anywhere near it. lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

@ratdog tbf the first season is pretty disturbing in parts but yeh I could see it putting me off if I was in a bit of a dark place when watching it but I highly recommend another go .It's such an original take on the superhero genre, the style, music, writing, performances is just incredible imo. I love the surrealness and absurdity of it too. Just one of those shows that ticks all the boxes for me personally.

Glad to hear you're in better place now too mate

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 2