Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

• 2 weeks later...

The Virtues by Shane Meadows is worth a watch, only 4 or 5 episodes. Thought Stephen Graham played his role brilliantly!   9/10

Line of Duty - Also worth a watch, not usually my type of program but I enjoyed it and binged watched it pretty quick lol 8/10

Just started Chernobyl so far it seems a bit over hyped 

Family business on Netflix. Comedy about cannabis being legalised in France and a family trying to get in the business. 

Quite funny its in french, subtitled though

• Like 1

No one's mentioned it, I don't think!

George Clooney has adapted Joseph Heller's novel Catch 22, it's being shown on Channel 4 and available on the on demand service. I love a bit of dark humour.

@Joolz I loved White Gold series 1 and 2, I had a mate move down to Essex during the double glazing boom, made a load of money, "forgot" to pay his tax and ended up owing £1.8m!

I also really enjoyed the Deadwood movie, had to be done otherwise I would have started to develop a distaste for HBO the way they cut it off originally and the way they rushed the last season of the Sopranos and more recently Game of Thrones.

There's some great recommendations here and some I haven't managed to fit time in for yet so thanks all!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching The Boys. Based on the graphic novel about a team of vigilantes who are out to expose corrupt supper heroes. 

I'm on episode 4 and all I can say is FUCKING AWESOME. 

• Like 3

@kal17117 I 2nd that! Didn't know anything, chucked it on and wow, loving it..just hope the Watchmen series is as good when that's released.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 2

I watched the pilot episode of Pennyworth - the early adventures of Batman's butler. Against all expectations it's not bad.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 10:10 AM, Exhale said:

No one's mentioned it, I don't think!

George Clooney has adapted Joseph Heller's novel Catch 22, it's being shown on Channel 4 and available on the on demand service. I love a bit of dark humour.

Just finished watching this, really enjoyed it and although dark in places its as funny as fuck and loved the Milo Minderbinder character :)

• Like 2