Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

when I joined here I was going through a bit of a samurai movie phase. my user name was inspired by a lot of the stuff I was watching at the time, shogun assassin, shoguns samurai and the shogun tv series. its a good series but a bit tame compared to todays tv. apparently sean connery was meant to play the lead role in shogun, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been sean connery instead of the bloke from the thornbirds.

Nothing to do with Mitsubishi then? :bag: I'll get my coat Kimono

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Been watching Dream On again recently a very quirky American sitcom, an early example of a comedy without an audience. Also a quirk comedy drama from a time when BBC excelled at these, a BBC2 example which youtube has, A Very Peculiar Practice. Set in the medical department of a red brick University campus, it is, in turns, dark, witty, silly and very very peculiar.

• Like 2

when I joined here I was going through a bit of a samurai movie phase. my user name was inspired by a lot of the stuff I was watching at the time, shogun assassin, shoguns samurai and the shogun tv series. its a good series but a bit tame compared to todays tv. apparently sean connery was meant to play the lead role in shogun, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been sean connery instead of the bloke from the thornbirds.

I love shogun assassin, it includes the best dying words of anyone ever captured on celluloid!

Master of Death: When cut across the neck, a sound like wailing winter winds is heard, they say. I'd always hoped to cut someone like that someday, to hear that sound. But to have it happen to my own neck is ridiculous.

Dies.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

Been watching Dream On again recently a very quirky American sitcom, an early example of a comedy without an audience. Also a quirk comedy drama from a time when BBC excelled at these, a BBC2 example which youtube has, A Very Peculiar Practice. Set in the medical department of a red brick University campus, it is, in turns, dark, witty, silly and very very peculiar.

I thought A Very Peculiar Practice was superb :)

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Supernatural? Is it just a load of big girly shite?

I'm a big girly and it was too shite even for me :)

• Like 2

I used to watch this I think.. Did the opening credits have him growing up in front of a TV, then old tv n film clips are cut into the scenes?

Almost completely forgot about it until you mentioned it (if it is the same one) but remember it being quite good :)

I used to watch this I think.. Did the opening credits have him growing up in front of a TV, then old tv n film clips are cut into the scenes?

Almost completely forgot about it until you mentioned it (if it is the same one) but remember it being quite good :)

Yes, that's the one.

• Like 1

Yes, that's the one.

I can remember when first watching family guy thinking that there cut away scenes were influenced from that.

I also remember mild nudity from it too..(I was 13-14) so I'll give it another star :)

I tried ep1 of season 5 of Justified the other night, switched it off after 20 mins

Dunno man, just watched it. Wasn't anywhere near as good as 'vintage' Justified but I didn't think it was that bad.

Dunno man, just watched it. Wasn't anywhere near as good as 'vintage' Justified but I didn't think it was that bad.

you seem to have a short memory mate lol

Watched the whole of the episode. Yep, it was utter crap.