Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Probably been seen by everyone, and your all probably sick of politics on the TV - but

- The Thick Of It

- Yes Minister

- The New Statesman

• Like 1

yes minister and yes prime minister have to be the funniest political comedy shows ever, both excellant

Just started Curfew on NowTV, seems watchable so far, reminds me a bit of Blood Drive tho, now there was a show with some WTF moments!. lol

On 24/05/2019 at 9:12 PM, icki said:

`Lucy on e4.

That's a movie. lol   :offtopic:  lol  

Happy! Season finale was pretty messed up, in a good way. lol  Only another 42 weeks to wait for season 3. :lookaround:   

Must admit I'm a little disappointed with episode 4 of Chernobyl, the made-up woman, Ulana Khomyuk stating that the reactor technicians were all 'guilty of gross incompetence, violation of safety regulations, reckless beyond belief '  is rather unfair to the technicians. :no: 

Although Akimov was the Unit 4 shift supervisor,  Dyatlov was the highest rank that day and was in charge. Akimov and Toptunov suggested they forfeit the test after stalling the reactor. Then they suggested restarting the reactor from scratch, which is what they were instructed to do whilst training to be reactor technicians. 

Dyatlov demanded they pull nearly all the control rods out to restart the reactor and both Akimov and Toptunov  protested which resulted in Dyatlov threatening them both with the sack. Dyatlov also instructed the test be carried out at 200 megawatts when they had instructions from top brass not to conduct the test below 700 megawatts, Dyatlov also demanded the emergency pump system be disabled. :russian:   

Akimov also pushed AZ-5 which would've shutdown the reactor dead if the boron rods weren't tipped with graphite and they didn't take 18 seconds to insert. 

Akimov and Toptunov sacrificed themselves by going into the pump room which was full of heavily radioactive water. They both stayed there, manually turning on the pump valves thinking they were helping cool down the reactor core, when they were just pouring water into a hole.  They both died of ARS because of the radiation they absorbed. :blub:      

I was hoping HBO/SKY were going to do something to help exonerate these men, it's not their fault they had a maniac at the helm of a fatally flawed reactor which was built with substandard materials. 

The real people to blame  are Dyatlov, Fomine and Bryukhanov. :wanker:      And the KGB. :soap:   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

the hot zone watched all 6 episodes of this as i read the book a few years back when the ebola outbreak came out 

well worth watching  In 1989, Ebola landed on U.S. soil. After appearing in a research lab in D.C., a heroic U.S. Army scientist put her life on the line to prevent an outbreak. Inspired by true events 

good omens

With Armageddon just days away, the armies of Heaven and Hell are amassing and The Four Horsemen are ready to ride. Aziraphale, an angel, and Crowley, a demon, agree to join forces to find the missing Anti-Christ and to stop the war that will end everything. Based on the best-selling novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, Good Omens follows an unlikely duo and their quest to save the world. The End of the World is coming, which means a fussy Angel and a loose-living Demon who've become overly fond of life on Earth are forced to form an unlikely alliance to stop Armageddon. But they have lost the Antichrist, an 11-year-old boy unaware he's meant to bring upon the end of days, forcing them to embark on an adventure to find him and save the world before it's too late.

2 hours ago, Joolz said:

just noticed Deadwood The Movie is out

any good ?

to answer my own q lol

it's a proper fucking ending to an epic series, but a bit sad :(

• Like 5

Just now, Joolz said:

to answer my own q lol

it's a proper fucking ending to an epic series, but a bit sad :(

the last time i went to the cinema was to watch san Andreyus  or some shit..... i give it a 10 out 10 for utter shit lol     my favorite film of all is  KES. thats sad to :yep:

7 hours ago, Joolz said:

just noticed Deadwood The Movie is out

any good ?

Nice one man, been looking forward to it ever since I heard it was being made (I think I first heard it here :) ), Deadwood was one of my favourite TV shows ever (so fucking gutted that it got cancelled before they could properly finish the story :sadwalk: ), didn't realise the movie was out. Off to look for it now :)

• Like 1

Watched a bit of Deadwood - feels kinda nice to be back among characters that I grew to like :) but I'm a wee bit drunk and I can't follow the dialogue :doh: Then remembered that I was watching Good Omens before I crashed, so I've put that on again. Totally can't remember the 2 episodes that I apparently watched earlier, so I've started again from the beginning lol Halfway through the first episode and it seems pretty good so far :) Appears to be a decent adaptation :) (I loved the book :) )

• Like 1