Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

ghost on iplayer.   it is shit but its stupid shit.its easy watching, easy on the brain. wtf am i watching type of tv.  try it you know you want too.

• Like 3

I'm recommending Chernobyl again, I've watched the first episode 5 times this week and could quite easily watch it a few more times. The direction, acting, lighting, set design, costumes, scripting, music and above all, the accuracy of the whole thing makes you think you're actually there. :notworthy:  

Trust me, you'll never look at sunburn in the same way. :fear:   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Saddam said:

I'm recommending Chernobyl again, I've watched the first episode 5 times this week and could quite easily watch it a few more times. The direction, acting, lighting, set design, costumes, scripting, music and above all, the accuracy of the whole thing makes you think you're actually there. :notworthy:  

just started watching it :yep:

Chernobyl, cause of the cancer epidemic we are witnessing today

• Like 2

Sons of Anarchy. I'm late to the party with this one but the first two seasons are a great watch.

Banshee. One of the best TV series I've ever watched. Nothing complicated, just unbelievable violence that's actually hard to watch. Oh and a couple of super hot women chucked in.

Still re-watching The Wire, up to season 4 (Clay Davis "Sheeeeeeeeeit." lol ). Every time I think about watching it again (this is my 4th time) it's cos I remember that it was good, but then every time I actually do watch it again I realise just how fucking good it actually was. Best TV crime drama ever made IMHO Just feels more authentic than anything else and covers everything from the street dealers right up to the politician motherfuckers and the script is consistently brilliant. Said it before, genuine masterpiece :notworthy:

After seeing it talked about in the thread I'll definitely give Chernobyl a go after I finish re-watching The Wire :) (that's another HBO show, isn't it ? Fair do's, HBO do make some superb TV drama :) )

• Like 2

On 21/04/2019 at 1:42 PM, i11 said:

Not out yet, but I'm really looking forward to the new HBO series on Chernobyl next month :v:

Well I'm only 1 episode in, but hungry for more :v:

• Like 2

Decided to wait until the whole series is out to watch Chernobyl cos I've kinda got into the habit of watching the whole of summat in one go. Started watching Sharp Objects (another HBO show) starring the excellent Amy Adams. Probably not to everyone's taste (I'd guess a bit slow moving and too gloomy in tone for some) but I'm getting into it (was gonna say enjoying it but that's probably the wrong phrase).

4 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Decided to wait until the whole series is out to watch Chernobyl cos I've kinda got into the habit of watching the whole of summat in one go.

I'm usually the same, but after watching episode 1 I just had to watch episode 2 last night. Episode 2 kicked episode 1's ass for sheer brilliance. If the next four episodes follow the same path then you're in for a real treat if you save them up.

• Like 1

Finished Sharp Objects, was pretty good (and Amy Adams was excellent). Tried a few other things - The Blacklist, James Spader is pretty enjoyable hamming it up but the premise is ludicrous and the writing just isn't very good so gave up on that after a couple of episodes, gave The Last Panthers a go but didn't get into it, waste of a decent cast, gave The Tunnel a go but gave up after a couple of episodes (would have given up after the first one but watched a couple simply because Clemence Poesy is lovely :wub:  :bag: ). Currently watching Goliath, which I'm enjoying (partly because Billy Bob Thornton is as superb as always - some actors just have that indefinable thing, I guess it's charisma or 'star quality' or whatever, and he's definitely one of them).

Edited by Boojum

On 5/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, Saddam said:

On 5/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, i11 said:

Well I'm only 1 episode in, but hungry for more :v:

I've caught up on the first two episodes last night, good call @Saddam proper enjoyed it and a little bit scary as this actually happened, a gripping watch :nuke:

• Like 2

Started watching Barry. Not sure if it's any good yet, only on the first episode, but Henry Winkler has just made his first appearence and I just had the urge to post just to say Henry Winkler - fucking legend :notworthy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Watching Killing Eve. Jeez is Jodie Comer scary and incredibly gorgeous?

I'm with ya on that @Larry Badgeley Season 2 is being aired in the US at the moment, but will be available on iPlayer next month.

And I'd recommend Years and Years, a BBC/HBO colloab, just ignore Russell Tovey's dodgy Mancunian accent :george:

9 hours ago, Boojum said:

Henry Winkler has just made his first appearence and I just had the urge to post just to say Henry Winkler - fucking legend :notworthy:

used to think the Fonz was cool when I was a kid when he was in happy days but these days when you see him in his extra thick cardigans & that weaselly voice I now think, what a tit.