Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Are you sure you don't mean she looks like a shoe? lol  

Happy! It's so fucking nuts, just when you think it couldn't get any more fucked up, they go and make it more fucked up. lol   No spoilers but episode 5 is properly fucked up. lol   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started re-watching The Wire. I think this is my 4th time and it's still a masterpiece :notworthy:

• Like 7

On 26/04/2019 at 1:00 AM, Saddam said:

Are you sure you don't mean she looks like a shoe? lol  

Happy! It's so fucking nuts, just when you think it couldn't get any more fucked up, they go and make it more fucked up. lol   No spoilers but episode 5 is properly fucked up. lol   

Is that the one with the chainsaw? Looking forward to season 2 of Happy.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 2

Just now, Hiphip said:

Is that the one with the chainsaw? Looking forward to season 2 of Happy.

No, episode 5 of season 2. lol   We're waiting for episode 7 now. :)    

• Like 1

Just started watching prison break again waiting for the new season to start must have watched it at least 9 times 

8 minutes ago, Saddam said:

No, episode 5 of season 2. lol   We're waiting for episode 7 now. :)    

Never knew it had started, thanks :yep:

Edited by Hiphip
  • Like 2

On 31/03/2019 at 4:16 PM, Saddam said:

Happy!  Season 2 has just started. :yep:    

I tried. lol  

Just now, Saddam said:

I tried. lol  

Just looked and it's not on Netflix yet. No spoilers please :wassnnme:lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

Never knew it had started, thanks :yep:

25 minutes ago, Saddam said:

What's Netflix? lol It's on SyFy. :)  

Damnit I got seriously excited for a minute then - loved series 1 of Happy! and heard series 2 was due sometime and thought I'd missed it dropping

36 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

Just looked and it's not on Netflix yet. No spoilers please :wassnnme:lol

Seconded!. lol

Edited by Ranec
Added context

Chernobyl. :tv_horror:   Episode one is superb, it somehow brought back the fear I remember feeling when it happened. :fear:   Dark, quite uncomfortable viewing after a smoke, the music is menacing. :fear:   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Chernobyl. :tv_horror:   Episode one is superb, it somehow brought back the fear I remember feeling when it happened. :fear:   Dark, quite uncomfortable viewing after a smoke, the music is menacing. :fear:   

Ohh that's good to know @Saddam I've got it recorded as the trailer got me intrigued but not watched it yet

• Like 2

HBO have caught the general feeling of the time with the meltdown, there seemed to be a lack of urgency considering the seriousness of the situation.

The Chernobyl Zero Hour documentary and Surviving Disaster (with Adrian Edmondson)  are both excellent and very imformative, painting a very grim picture of what happened.    This HBO series appears to be a very close copy of Surviving Disaster, albeit with a bigger budget. 

Due to the secretive decisions made my management and government officials, the accident was played down by the media to the point where they even suggested the people of Prypyat  go out and sunbathe in the heat wave. 

However, we appear to have forgotten the sacrifices made by all the people who helped clean up the mess. There were 3 fellas who made the ultimate sacrifice fighting to stop the liquid molten core reaching a subterranean coolant reservoir which could've caused a radioactive steam explosion  which would have resulted in the whole power station, including  another 3 reactors going up.  They donned wet suits and dove in highly radioactive water so as to access the valves which drained the pool.

If the molten core had hit the water,  it could've released 1,600 times the radiation of Hiroshima, the resulting fallout could've seen half of Europe being wiped out and uninhabitable for approximately 500,000 years. :fear:   

Then there were the many thousands of 'Bio-Robots', drafted soldiers and people who had to go up on the roof, and each person throw two shovels full of highly radioactive shrapnel, concrete,  graphite, boron, strontium,  uranium and plutonium :nuke:  off the roof and get the fuck out of there before they were terminally  irradiated.     :blub:

The World owes a great debt to all those involved in the cleanup :notworthy:   the same goes for all those honorable souls at Fukushima who refused to leave their posts. :notworthy:   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 5