Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Rebellion on Netflix. I think it's been previously shown on C4 maybe. Gripping story of the Irish uprising.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Boojum said:

Watching Killing Eve on the BBC iplayer. Up to episode 4 and really enjoying it :)

It's great isn't it, hard to believe it's written by the same person who wrote Fleabag.

• Like 3

Just now, THC4METOO said:

It's great isn't it, hard to believe it's written by the same person who wrote Fleabag.

I didn't know that lol That's mad.

Welcome back, by the way :)

• Like 2

Just now, THC4METOO said:

hard to believe it's written by the same person who wrote Fleabag.

I really liked the first season, not seen the new one yet.

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

I really liked the first season, not seen the new one yet.

It's wonderful, just sad that she won't be writing any more episodes, not even a Xmas special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boojum said:

I didn't know that lol That's mad.

Welcome back, by the way :)

Nice to be back. So far :unsure:.

• Like 2

Sandra Oh won a few awards for her role, but I think Jodie Comer should have got them, I think she's superb. Her Russian accent sounds authentic to my ears (not that I'm an expert, but you can generally tell a bad accent) and I think she plays Villanelle brilliantly, proper psychopath, kinda childlike but the sort of child that pulls the wings off flies  :fear:

• Like 2

Just now, Boojum said:

but you can generally tell a bad accent

Which way to the nuclear wessels? lol   

• Like 1

Not out yet, but I'm really looking forward to the new HBO series on Chernobyl next month :v:

Edited by i11
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Which way to the nuclear wessels? lol   

lol:yep:

Worst ones have to be the many, many toe-curlingly bad Irish accents in American movies and TV shows (and to a lesser extent Scottish ones, but there are far fewer Scottish characters in American movies/TV). There are more than enough good Irish actors to play Irish characters, why give the role to an American that has clearly never heard an Irish accent (and certainly not a Northern Irish one - Sons of Anarchy, I'm looking at you lol ). It tends to spoil the suspension of disbelief in a serious drama when a character appears sounding like he should be in a cereal advert saying "They're always after me lucky charms." :headpain:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2