Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I watched After Life and enjoyed it; have never been a fan of Ricky Gervais and didnt enjoy the Office but this is a 6.5/10; worse ways to spend time watching tv

Currently watching Stranger Things on a 30 day free Netflix trial (about the 8th or 9th I've had, I just sign up with a new hotmail account every time). Enjoying it :)

• Like 1

Up to episode 7 of Stranger Things and really enjoying it :) It's like the writers looked inside my head when I was a kid lol Just the kinda stuff that I was obsessed with, the kids are a bunch of geeky role play gamers , like I was at that age, plenty of Stephen King references, and I've been obsessed with the whole idea of other dimensions with malevolent entities (that you can't see, but once you start to be able to see them, they can also see you... :fear: ) ever since I first read H P Lovecraft (particularly From Beyond and Dreams in the Witch House). Gets a big thumbs up from me :yep:

• Like 4

Also been enjoying the new Channel 4 sitcom Home. The bloke playing Sami is particularly good (the scene in the first episode with the Marmite "Chocolate spread, my favourite." made be belly laugh, the look on his face was perfect).

@Boojum Stranger things is great. Can't wait for the new season.

Watched Ricky Gervias' new "After life". Fucking hilarious. Right up there with Early Doors and Lead Balloon.:B): Catch the whole lot on Netflix

The expanse is on Amazon now, even better if you have read the books - Amazon saved it after sci-fi stupidly dropped it, expect more subjective violence and filthy language in season 4 :P

• Like 3

Love, Death and Robots. :eek:   A collection of short, robot-themed animated stories. Hard to put into words how amazing this show is, with different studios undertaking each episode, you never know what to expect. 

Some of the work is so well produced, it's almost like watching live video. :notworthy:  I remember when I first saw Akira and thought, how the fuck did they animate that?  This leaves you thinking the same, how the fuck did they do that? :notworthy:   

Unbelievable work, seriously. 

@Boojum I think it's right up your street, graphic novel anime with gore and adult themes.   lol   

• Like 3

Just now, Saddam said:

Love, Death and Robots. :eek:   A collection of short, robot-themed animated stories. Hard to put into words how amazing this show is, with different studios undertaking each episode, you never know what to expect. 

Some of the work is so well produced, it's almost like watching live video. :notworthy:  I remember when I first saw Akira and thought, how the fuck did they animate that?  This leaves you thinking the same, how the fuck did they do that? :notworthy:   

Unbelievable work, seriously. 

@Boojum I think it's right up your street, graphic novel anime with gore and adult themes.   lol   

Nice one man, I'll give it a look :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Boojum

Check out Hindi underworld drama Mirzapur.....9 out of 10....(available on Amazon Prime with subtitles)....be warned...lots of graphic violence and sex...Bollywood it isn't...

• Like 2