Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

21 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

No I have never heard of it until I saw it on the sky thing the other day, my old man said something about the books.

21 hours ago, Jimboo said:

The movie is worth a watch mate ,iirc its over 4hrs long 

@Jibba jabba  

• 1981 unreleased version (209 minutes)
  • 1981 original theatrical cut (149 minutes)
  • 1984 BBC miniseries (300 minutes) :yep:
  • 1997 "Director's Cut" (208 minutes)
  • 2004 "The Original Uncut Version" (293 minutes) – miniseries minus episode-opening flashback scenes

• Like 2

I watched the first episode of dirty john the other night after the sister in law raved about how good it is, wasn’t great tbh maybe it gets freaky in the following episodes, the first was all just setting up the story.

Just binged Patriot. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a comedy in the strictest sense but I loved it. Didn't see it mentioned before but I'm a div so sorry if it's up here already.

• Like 1

I’ve just finished Mind Hunter.  

It a drama/thriller series about the early years of psychological profiling of serial killers by the FBI. I really liked it, it has me hooked.

Thought the first ep of doom patrol was great.

First season of the umbrella academy was awesome, great cast despite one-dimensional mopey moon-face Ellen Page. Cameron Britton, Rob Sheehan & Aiden Gallagher were amazing. Bit gutted season 2 will probably be another 2 years..

Speaking of Cameron Britton, Mindhunter was well worth a watch.

Mr Inbetween was good, like an ozzy sopranos.

The Haunting of Hill House was almost great, but the last episode mostly ruined it for me.

Ozark was pretty good, has the bluest colour palette of any series I've seen.

Not decided on Star Trek yet, some of the episodes have been so bad. Love sci fi though.

The Orville actually feels more like a real star trek series than star trek does. Last episode was a good en.

Punisher season 2 was just like 1 for me, watched intently for about 5 eps before I completely lost interest. Dude needs some Covonia..

Handmaids tale wasn't my cup of tea. Dumb as a butt in fact.

Might have mentioned it earlier in this thread but the german series Dark was great.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Just binged Patriot. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a comedy in the strictest sense but I loved it. 

Good shout mate, I'm watching it on your recommendation. :)   Not sure how a dark comedy featuring Kurtwood Smith :notworthy: eluded me but it doesn't matter,  I'm 3 episodes in and loving it. Cheers.     :yep:      

• Like 1