Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just watched the first episode of Mike Judge (beavis n butthead, office space, king of the hill) new show Silicon Valley, laughed out loud a few times, think I'm gonna stick with it for a bit and see where it goes, thought it was a great first episode :yep:

• Like 1

Shame :( I liked Justified (though seasons 1 & 2 were the best and season 4 was a let down). Didn't realise that season 5 had been shown, I guess I'll have to give it a watch even if it is shit.

I`m judging it on the first three seasons, like you say 4 was a let down and it looks like the same writers

you probably know but the original writer died and that`s the reason for the poor story ideas

Up to episode 3 of The Corner and I think it's at least as good as The Wire. I've obviously got absolutely no experience of the reality of the situation in America that it depicts, but it feels real. Excellent television.

Just watched the first 2 epsodes. Very good so far. You can get full episodes on youtube if you put up with the French subtitles

Out of what hasnt been mentioned much, I thought Utopia was very good, might look a bit shite on a laptop tho.

Comedy series, The Thick of It.

Edited by Eager
  • Like 1

Vikings. Great series half way though series 2 now.

I started watching this and it didn't grab me immediately , but it's been mentioned here before so I think I'll give it another go

I started watching this and it didn't grab me immediately , but it's been mentioned here before so I think I'll give it another go

its excellent dude

• Like 1

Just went watch Vikings on my usual site for watching tv shows. The only Vikings i found was a real history type thing with the Scottish presenter. This isn't the show i'm looking for, is it??

Cool, found the right one, now

Edited by El Roacho

Just went watch Vikings on my usual site for watching tv shows. The only Vikings i found was a real history type thing with the Scottish presenter. This isn't the show i'm looking for, is it??

Cool, found the right one, now

vikings was aired on the history channel and most of the copys available to watch online have the history channel logo on the screen, this caught me out when I first looked for it, thought it was a documentary.

vikings was aired on the history channel and most of the copys available to watch online have the history channel logo on the screen, this caught me out when I first looked for it, thought it was a documentary.

Aye found it and just watched the first episode, quite good so far. Your user name reminded me of a brilliant series called Shogun starring Rchard Chamberland that was on when i was a kid. It was on in the early 80's so might look a bit dated now but i remember loving it at the time.

Edited by El Roacho
  • Like 1

I'm gonna watch Vikings and blame Shogun and ratdog if I don't like it lol

I watched Justified Up to series 3 and liked it but thought it had potential to be even better

Walton Goggins from Justified is in The Shield and that is definitely worth watching

• Like 1

Aye found it and just watched the first episode, quite good so far. Your user name reminded me of a brilliant series called Shogun starring Rchard Chamberland that was on when i was a kid. It was on in the early 80's so might look a bit dated now but i remember loving it at the time.

when I joined here I was going through a bit of a samurai movie phase. my user name was inspired by a lot of the stuff I was watching at the time, shogun assassin, shoguns samurai and the shogun tv series. its a good series but a bit tame compared to todays tv. apparently sean connery was meant to play the lead role in shogun, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been sean connery instead of the bloke from the thornbirds.

e2a. I might as well add what im watching at the moment.

was watching Vikings, im up to series 2 episode 6, I cant find episode 7 so I guess it aint been aired yet. I fucking love this series.

started true detective a couple of days ago, the missus wants to see this one too so im restricted to watching with her. so far we are 3 episodes in and its pretty fucking good, some real good acting. I can tell this is gonna be a really good series.

black sails, been watching this on the strength of the thread on here but im not too sure about it yet, its ok but so far nothing special, I think its the scenery that keeps me hooked. im on episode 4.

I recently gave up on justified and im letting a good few episodes of game of thrones build up before I start watching

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 2