Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

It's no doubt had a few mentions already but I started watching mcmafia last night and ended up watching 4 episodes in what was my latest night up in recent months (calm down I was still asleep long before 12 lol did I mention I'm getting old? lol )

Anyways anything that keeps my attention for 4 consecutive episodes can't be bad..

Just gotta get shot of the baby for a few hours so I can watch the rest now! 

• 2 weeks later...

‘Black Monday’ starts on the 20th of jan 2019 on Showtime

BlackMonday_100_0785.R-e1546042563661.jp

It’s possible to nail all the details but miss the feeling entirely. Showtime’s new comedy “Black Monday” — which dropped its first episode online for free Dec. 28 ahead of a Jan. 20 premiere

— is crammed with references to its late-1980s setting, from graffiti-choked subway cars to distressed denim to jokes about Nancy Reagan and Marion Barry. It also limns the mean-spirited,

insult-heavy mood of an overheated Wall Street brokerage to a fault, with Don Cheadle playing a mastermind of a trader manipulating those around him in order to reach a big payday.

Cheadle is charismatic as ever, but that the plot makes little real sense ultimately seems, in the show’s early going, not to matter much at all. It’s fitting, perhaps, for a show about a

stock market bubble eventually bursting: This show leverages everything it can, but behind the hypercolor tones and florid traderspeak, there’s little behind it all.

Cheadle’s Maurice “Mo” Monroe is a trader whose expertise extends beyond the mechanics of buying and selling; for him, trading is both a way to prove dominance and a subtle art

of taking calculated risks. To wit, the pilot follows his extended games with recent MBA grad Blair Pfaff (Andrew Rannells), an unfortunate fellow who Mo first frames for possessing

cocaine on the trading floor and then torments a bit more before hiring him; we ultimately learn that Mo cares little about Blair, but has designs on his family connections.

They’ll allow him to back into a controlling position in a major corporation, which will make for a fun pastime in the free hours he has when not doing coke or bragging about his sexual prowess.

• Like 1

Not really a suggestion, but I'm currently watching season 1 of Fortitude. I'm enjoying it (up to episode 3) but I confess that I'm not entirely sure what the fuck is going on lol

Started watching Barry the other night, only the first episode but it was pretty good and quite quirky. 

Disillusioned at the thought of taking down another "mark," depressed, low-level hit man Barry Berkman seeks a way out. When the Midwesterner reluctantly travels to Los Angeles to execute a hit on an actor who is bedding a mobster's wife, little does Barry know that the City of Angels may be his sanctuary. He follows his target into acting class and ends up instantly drawn to the community of eager hopefuls, especially dedicated student Sally, who becomes the object of his affection. While Barry wants to start a new life as an actor, his handler, Fuches, has other ideas, and the hit man's criminal past won't let him walk away so easily.

Black Lightning... A Black Superhero who fights to the soundtrack of Parliament, Curtis, James and all the other great funksters.

Just started Murder Mountain on Netflix - Humboldt County doc, well worth a watch.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying Tin Star. Tim Roth is typically excellent. Been a fan of Tim Roth ever since our English teacher put Made In Britain on one lesson. Roth is just fucking superb in it.