Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

The Caesars 3/6: Tiberius

Original airdate: Sunday 6 October, 1968.

The Caesars 4/6: Sejanus

Original airdate: Sunday 13 October, 1968.

The Caesars 5/6: Caligula

Original airdate: Sunday 20 October, 1968.

The Caesars 6/6: Claudius

Original airdate: Sunday 27 October, 1968.

if your a fan of repetition and wild claims of knights templar action or even the ark of the covenant ..then the new series of the curse of oak island ,where the vagina err lagina brothers (the owners of villa marie wines and several other treasure hunting outfits and shows) try and settle their child hood dream of finding the treasure on oak island ...season 6 has just started ..6 seasons of could it be`s? what ifs and a lot of diggin ...

characters to watch out for ..gary drayton expert metal detectorist and so far the only person to have found treasure there ..he also is such an expert he wants his finds named drayton ...draytons cross ,draytons ring ..draytons mud ..and when he finds something you have to have a bong and if he says bobby dazzler its a dab ..if its a coin then a joint will do ..

then theres the ever drunk dave blankenship ,.a man so inebriated at all times they barely let him speak ..this weeks episode saw him go to shake hands with someone and then have one of them whisky shivers and forget to shake hands ..what a guy 

treasure hunters be aware ..they find the treasure this season ..so hurry up or youll miss the fun .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

season 6 has just started ..6 seasons of could it be`s? what ifs and a lot of diggin ...

What channel's that on Vince?

history channel canada ..but its shown on a sunday in canada and its available from all good dogdy tv sites from wednesday onwards

• Like 1

Spoiler alert lol

You know they've not found owt again this season cos it'd have been all over the news by now if they had drilled a hole thro the Holy Grail or Ark of the Covenant in the money pit

I'm still gonna watch it tho anyway hoping Gary finds loads of pooter this season lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

Spoiler alert lol

You know they've not found owt again this season cos it'd have been all over the news by now if they had drilled a hole thro the Holy Grail or Ark of the Covenant in the money pit

I'm still gonna watch it tho anyway hoping Gary finds loads of pooter this season lol

dammit man ...dont give away the secret ..the idea is to reel people into alcoholism via the oak island drink of choice ..crown whisky as drunk by dave ..a lot ..

the security on oak island for most of the year is quite lax btw ..chances are if they found anything theyd have it nicked within half hour ..

no ...they do find treasure ..ep1 of se6 ..treasure ..gold ..gold i tells thee ..arrgh ...

these guys give the spoilers for the current episodes in canada if you want the low down before you watch 

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/the-curse-of-oak-island-discovery-could-be-biggest-ever-in-treasure-hunts-history/

• Like 2

I hope they drill through the Arc of the Covenant and all their skin falls off :v:

eta: Sorry if that sounds bad but I've always been the optimistic type

Edited by i11
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching The Clinton affair & its been pretty good, it shows you Bill as he was & Hillary as a dodgy lawyer up to her eye balls in skullduggery, 

monika lewinsky is in it too & is pretty open about what went on with Bill & that Dress :yes:

I'm watching the Netflix Haunting of Hill House series. Shirley Jackson's original novella is one of my favourite horror stories (not just horror stories, one of my favourite books), genuine masterpiece, and Robert Wise's black and white movie version The Haunting is one of my favourite movies, so I was a bit apprehensive about a TV series loosely based on it (it's not even that really, it's 'inspired by'). But I'm up to episode 4 and I'm enjoying it, not much has happened but the creepy, atmospheric feel of it is in the spirit of things :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

I can't believe it took me so long to find Trailer Park Boys... Just at the end of S2 now and so many more episodes to go! :D

@Boojum I enjoyed the netflix series! Thought it worked really well... and I agree, the original Haunting is awesome... the remake though!! :yawn:

:v:

• Like 3

Not a suggestion, more a confession :bag:

I confess that I'm watching the re-run of The Mentalist on YourTV :bag:

I know, it's terrible. But it's watchable, trash TV but it allows me to turn my brain off for an hour lol

E2A Sorry, drunk again (but I guess that's painfully obvious :rolleyes: ) Doesn't hurt that Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) is SO fucking fit :bag:

Sorry. Shut up Boojum :doh:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Counterpart season 2 started on the 8th. :argue:     This show is bloody fantastic, if you're not watching it then you're really missing out on something special. :tv_horror:   

JK Simmons is such an underrated actor, he really demonstrates his versatility in Counterpart. :notworthy:   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Counterpart season 2 started on the 8th. :argue:     This show is bloody fantastic, if you're not watching it then you're really missing out on something special. :tv_horror:   

JK Simmons is such an underrated actor, he really demonstrates his versatility in Counterpart. :notworthy:   

Not seen that series but I think J K Simmons is a massively underrated actor. From his being the psychiatrist Dr Skoda in Law and Order (one of my favourite TV shows) to the terrifying neo-nazi boss man in Oz his TV work has always been exemplary, and he rightly won an Oscar for his superb perfomance in Whiplash. I'll check out the series, cos I really rate him as an actor :)

• Like 1