Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Altered Carbon :tv_horror:  Binged all 10 episodes yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

Humans have figured out how to save human consciousness to a surgically implanted spinal harddrive called a 'stack'. :geek:  If you die, you can be reinstalled in another human body or 'sleeve', if you have the money.

You can even have a clone of yourself grown and put on ice but if you're not too rich or fussy, you can opt for a used sleeve, not necessarily the same age or sex as your original body. lol  

If you damage your stack, you are dead. Someone could kill you, remove your stack and bury it in a field leaving you in Limbo until your stack is found.  

A criminal is revived 250 years after his sleeve is killed and he has to solve a murder to gain his freedom or spend the rest of his life in prison. 

Lots of violence, swearing, nudity, sex, more violence, and nudity. lol Some of the women are :wub:  The blokes look like they've all hit the roids before filming started. 

It's different and a bit silly in places but overall is a cracking bit of entertainment with lots of mindfuckery. 

• Like 3

Counterpart :notworthy:   Only 3 episodes in but it's amazing, not going to give any spoilers suffice to say a cold war experiment had an interesting result. :tv_horror:  

JK Simmons is absolutely superb in this dark sci-fi thriller.  This show is going to be massive. :)  

• Like 3

@dingo bingo honest i loved the sopranos, have watched it the whole way through more than once. Up there as being one of my favourites, its entertaining and at times has me proper laughing out loud. Another one of those series i watched and was gutted it came to an end. 

• Like 2

On December 19, 2017 at 11:03 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Dark on netflix. I am loving it

Watched this after your recommendation, what a great show. :yep:  It has a Stranger Things vibe about it but, personally, I think the Dark story is better, some very clever mind-fuckery and the haunting music is superb. :wub:   A few classic Volkswagens thrown into the mix too! :notworthy:  

If you liked that mate, I suggest you try Counterpart, I can't wait for episode 4. :smug:   

• Like 2

@Saddam nice one mate :yep: 

started watching altered carbon after your post.

took a disliking to the main dude at first, but stuck with it. By the 3rd episode I'd properly come round. 

It got quite good lol 

• Like 1

I read that it's the most expensive first season in TV  history, tyvm Netflix :)  I couldn't believe what I was seeing in some of the fight scenes, there's one in particular and you'll know it when you see it. :eek:  

• Like 1

I can believe that mate :yep: 

I'm not a die hard sci fan, but I am a fan if it's done well. Not an easy thing to do. 

I know it doesn't make a good film/program but I also love computer graphics/art and future cityscapes lends themselves nicely. Some epic backdrops already. 

I'm only on the third one lol 

• Like 1

waco is a good tv series about daviid koresh and the atf standoff years ago well made and worth a watch only 1 episode left to air 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Watching The Chi just now, its a drama set in the ghetto. Its a decent watch. Similar to snowfall, without the crack.

Also just started Waco tonight aswell, looks ok so far.

• Like 1

Just a heads up for those that like Ash vs Evil Dead is back for its 3rd season & starts off with a good bang as usual, one of the funniest things on tv imho.

• Like 1

thing is tho K-dawg. if your of a certain age, you'll remember the outcome of Waco, kinda like watching Titanic, pointless if you know the out come lol

• Like 1