Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 31/12/2017 at 5:42 PM, ratdog said:

Been watching Man like Mobeen, probably the first bbc comedy I have found genuinely laugh out loud funny for years, one 4 eps and they are only 20mins, watched the first two and I love it already, and they play snippets of Cypress Hill, I don`t think I ever hear the Hill on the beeb before lol 

Thought I'd check before flagging this, but I have to say this is one of the funniest programmes I have seen for years. It's a brilliant British comedy ...

link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05pgjy6

• Like 1

On 20 December 2017 at 5:18 PM, ratdog said:

R4 had a series a few weeks ago, it was excellent, worth having a look for. 

On 20 December 2017 at 6:06 PM, borderboy said:

R4 afternoon plays are brilliant

pilgrim was another series I liked on radio4

Far from the Madding Crowd is a well made series.  Not my usual fare.

We should have a radio thread.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bird said:

Far from the Madding Crowd is a well made series.  Not my usual fare.

We should have a radio thread.

Given the two people you quoted, do you think that`s going to happen any time soon?  lol 

• Like 2

+1 for ozark, watched the full first series last night, really good watch. Breaking bad money laundering type job. 9/10

Also Manhunt:Unabomber another 9/10 for me.

Just finished watching "the end of the f**king world". It's an oldish channel 4 program, only one series.

I thought it was brilliant. Especially the two young actors leading it. ell the girl is a bit annoying at times, but she's meant to be.

Funny, Very british (as in dry, dark humour), and a great teen story. Touches on parodies of a few classic films too.

Nice one,

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 1

The last series of Peaky Blinders was possibly the best yet. Adrien Brody though! Obviously not aware of how much his character often sounds like Papa Lazaru from the League of Gentlemen!

Edited by pollenlover
Spelling.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

Just finished watching "the end of the f**king world". It's an oldish channel 4 program, only one series.

I thought it was brilliant. Especially the two young actors leading it. ell the girl is a bit annoying at times, but she's meant to be.

Funny, Very british (as in dry, dark humour), and a great teen story. Touches on parodies of a few classic films too.

Nice one,

I'm just finishing the first series of The End of the Fucking World, its a good show.

Rick and Morty too, i'm loving that.

• Like 1

Just now, Shogun said:

Rick and Morty too, i'm loving that.

lol I've not long discovered Rik and Morty too. Fucking funny. 

2 minutes ago, Shogun said:

I'm just finishing the first series

Is there more than one? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigseyjnr said:

Is there more than one? 

I think they are making series 2 at the moment, series 1 has only been out a few months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shogun said:

series 1 has only been out a few months

Really? Ha. I thought it was old? lol

Had the old classic channel 4 symbol and she hasn't aged much since 'Hannah' (good film!)

kind of wish they'd left it at one series. Hope it's good. 

Nice one, 

Everyone needs to watch Big Mouth, I feel like teens going through puberty need to have that show mandatory at school.

I recently started 12 Monkeys, just about to finish the second season - I usually hate time travel shit because it's so fucking confusing and annoying and it's NEVER. DONE. RIGHT. But 12 Monkeys got me hooked. One bad thing about this show though is that it gives you these amazing characters with so much potential and then it throws a wobbly and decides to make you hate every character you loved.

Been watching the latest series Of Hunted on C4 recently. Made me giggle when the hunters had parked up outside a grow shop that was advertising CarboAir filters. :rofl:

• Like 2

On 1/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, KingBlueRizla said:

Been watching the latest series Of Hunted on C4 recently. Made me giggle when the hunters had parked up outside a grow shop that was advertising CarboAir filters. :rofl:

I noticed that and giggled too. Not too keen on it so probably won't watch it but my money is on the Freemason and his lad to win.

Anyone watching McMafia on BBC1? I stumbled upon it by chance but I'm really enjoying it, can be a bit drawn out at times but the plot thus far is very good - can't wait to see how it develops.

• Like 1

Been binging Britannia. Romans in Britain themed fantasy. Imagine Merlin for grown-ups, under the influence of major psychedelics.

If you can accept the fact that this is not a historical drama, and have a high tolerance for trippy druidic weirdness, it makes for acceptable couch fodder.

• Like 2

Anyone else consider The Sopranos one of, if not the best TV series ever? I've been watching it again recently, binge watched the first 3 episodes of season 6 last night where the big guy is in a coma after being shot - how they portray what's going on in his subconscious is pure gold. Throughout the series they touch on so many issues, issues that almost anyone can relate to - I think it's that blend of everyday relate-able realism with the dark and mysterious world of the mob which makes it so enthralling.

Anyway, I could ramble on about it forever..... I just feel obliged to big it up as I'm always surprised at how few people have watched it.

E2A: A taste of the abundant humor in the show too...

Edited by dingo bingo
  • Like 4