Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just finished Ash vs Evil Dead series 2. All 3 Hannibal, Van Helsing (the worst of the bunch) and now watching  the 3rd series of Peaky Blinders. Got a second hernia in less than 2 years so I'm watching way more stuff than usual. I'll check out a few more that have been recommended.

Rumpole Of The Bailey with the wonderful Leo McKern.  Although these are obviously fictitious cases, because John Mortimer, the writer,  was a barrister  the cases are based on a solid understanding of the law and by proxy contain John Mortimer's personal philosophy on the law.  Sometimes because of this there are surprising jolts to contemporary attitudes, even though these stories are only forty  years old.

• Like 2

From The Archive (under Categories)  BBC iPlayer

BBC has released hundreds of programmes from it's archives, 8 Face To Face - interviews with Martin Luther King and Bertrand Russell for example, 58 Panorama's, early David Attenborough series. Just hundreds of interesting archived programmes.

• Like 6

Lots of things piss me off about the beeb fee... Especially when  the fukkas sell programmes  left right and centre to  subscription services  that  are charging for already paid programmes..

The amount of beeb shows on net flix that pop up pisses me right off... Especially when the fukkas are chasing me constantly for the license fee.. They can fuk right off :wallbash:

Edited by Daze
  • Like 4

Been watching Man like Mobeen, probably the first bbc comedy I have found genuinely laugh out loud funny for years, one 4 eps and they are only 20mins, watched the first two and I love it already, and they play snippets of Cypress Hill, I don`t think I ever hear the Hill on the beeb before lol 

On 19/12/2017 at 11:40 PM, Russjackell said:

Love/hate

series 1 was mentioned earlier,series 2-5 it just gets better & better. 10/10

Probably my favourite series. Honestly can't recommend it enough and has me wanting to try write my own stuff.

Just watched the first two episodes of mcmafia and so far its good. Can watch it on bbc1 and sure it'll be on their iPlayer for those wanting to catch up. What I like so far about it is although you know there is going to be elements of crime in the series and already has been. It's not as direct with it being its main focus like many other shows which would just div into showing you the drugs and human trafficking. You know its happening and stuff is shown but so far is more it being shown from a business level than just constant typical violence that comes with it all. Also another layer to it is you know this stuff goes on and is probably more like this at the top end rather than the low end stuff shown on tv because people want that for entertainment. 

On 20/12/2017 at 0:05 AM, pollenlover said:

Just finished Ash vs Evil Dead series 2. All 3 Hannibal, Van Helsing (the worst of the bunch) and now watching  the 3rd series of Peaky Blinders. Got a second hernia in less than 2 years so I'm watching way more stuff than usual. I'll check out a few more that have been recommended.

Wasnt impressed with s3 of peaky b, stick with it cos season 4 is wicked

34 minutes ago, stummer said:

Probably my favourite series. Honestly can't recommend it enough and has me wanting to try write my own stuff.

Just watched the first two episodes of mcmafia and so far its good. Can watch it on bbc1 and sure it'll be on their iPlayer for those wanting to catch up. What I like so far about it is although you know there is going to be elements of crime in the series and already has been. It's not as direct with it being its main focus like many other shows which would just div into showing you the drugs and human trafficking. You know its happening and stuff is shown but so far is more it being shown from a business level than just constant typical violence that comes with it all. Also another layer to it is you know this stuff goes on and is probably more like this at the top end rather than the low end stuff shown on tv because people want that for entertainment. 

Sounds good ill have a look, fuckin bored now as ive already prepped 2 plots!