Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Frontier - love it but so far it's just one season with 6 episodes.

Outlaw trappers in the cold northern borderlands of America led by Jason Momoa, very like Black Sails

Scoured this thread over the last few days for something ive not seen and came up with a few good uns.

Heroes

Penny dreadful

Bates Motel

so far they are all gripping me.

• Like 2

Snowfall very good so far, of the others listed above, i just stuck with Bates Motel starting season 3 later, i love how the community is propped up by Gorilla Growing lol

• Like 2

Not drama, but the new Comedy Central show The Opposition with Jordan Klepper started on Monday, really enjoying it so far.

and The Daily Show is a sublime piece of comedy current affairs show. 

Just started watching The Vietnam War 2017 by Ken Burns & it's 18hrs long documentry spread over 10 part's,

the first two episode's are on iplayer but the rest are available in the usual place's   :pugwash:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching a six part German drama called 4 Blocks. Set in Berlin, within the underworld of the city's Arab community..I found it absolutely riveting from start to finish...check it out if you don't mind subtitles (or understand German).....7.5/10

I`ve just finished ep3 of The Night Of, absolutely brilliant so far. John Turturro is excellent as usual, as is Micheal K. Williams, top acting all round, typical HBO quality in fact. 

"The Night Of" stars John Turturro ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?") and Riz Ahmed ("Nightcrawler") in a story about a complex New York City murder case with cultural and political overtones. A night that begins innocently for Pakistani-American college student Nasir "Naz" Khan turns horrific after he meets a mysterious young woman. In custody and awaiting his formal arraignment, Naz realizes that his survival -- or perhaps his demise -- rests not with his attorney, John Stone, but with a particular inmate at Rikers Island.

• Like 3

Talking of Trek, the new series Star Trek Discovery is really getting going, watched the first 3 and it`s just getting better, lets hope it continues. 

• Like 2

The new series of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" starring Larry David.......we've watched the first two episodes.......brilliant!!

:yep:

• Like 2

Just watched Trapped ....murder mystery set in a remote Icelandic town...reasonably compelling over 10 episodes...perhaps it's worth mentioning that one of the characters was growing weed and it wasn't shoehorned in as a  plot device but depicted as a perfectly normal (albeit illegal) activity that perfectly normal people do....:yep:

• Like 3

its probably been mentioned before but iv just binge watched Lucifer, its pretty decent if your into adult humour, its worth watching if you can't find anything else at least, there's 2 full seasons and the 3rd one is 3 episodes in....

• Like 1