Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm just started getting into Surviving Escobar Alias JJ, JJ was Escobar's right hand man in case anyone was wondering,

I'm up to episode 5 & it's been pretty good so far, the only downside's is that it come's in 64 part's & is in Spanish with english sub's.

3 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

the only downside's is that it come's in 64 part's & is in Spanish with english sub's.

I know what you mean but it beats watching emmerdale and corry mate and to be honest mate it doesnt bother me the foreign language/subtitles as long as it is good,interesting and enjoyable I will have a good look at it 

Marvels The defenders has started :yahoo: 

Blind ninja. Smart-ass detective. Bulletproof ex-con. Kung Fu billionaire. Marvel’s The Defenders centers on four outsider heroes that have to put aside their personal issues and come together when a villainous sect threatens to destroy New York City as we know it

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 of Twin Peaks is fire, great to watch when your high though I'm having trouble following the intents of all the different characters and their place in the plots. Really looking forward to the last few episodes :v:

Haven't read this thread for months, anyway check out snowfall on fx. Its not too bad only 1 season out just now, its about cocaine and crack in the 80s

• Like 2

I would second A Tyical,both my daughter and i binge watched it over a couple of nights,funny,heartwarming,sad,and lots more..

Loved Salem too.

peace

Get Shorty. Chris O'Dowd (thankfully not playing American) is surprisingly menacing as the mob enforcer turned film producer. Looks good.

I made a post here about 6 months ago when I first started getting into anime and thought it was worth a follow up as I've seen some really interesting stuff so far!

I really overlooked anime as a genre, from the way it is portrayed I assumed that it was all just episodic, over the top, 'fight of the week' cartoons for teenagers, but I was very wrong!

There are a few 'adult' shows/films out there that can be very dark/philosophical/metaphorical and follow a deep storyline.

For anyone interested I put together a small list of decent anime that stands out from the rest of the genre:

Berserk (Watch the redux fan edits for the best version!) - If you liked game of thrones this show is on a similar level. Follows the story of a mercenary band and gets progressively darker as the plot goes on.

Neon Genesis (TV Show) + End Of Evangelion (Ending Movie) - A 'deconstruction' of the mecha (super robot) genre. Really dark and trippy, if your into conspiracy theories and psychedelics or have ever suffered with depression, this is the one for you! do not take this show for its face value as it starts off like a typical mecha story but gets pretty fucked up by the end of Eva.. 

Texhnolyze (TV Show) - the richest people have merged with machines and left the rest of society to live in slums underground. This anime follows the story of a street fighter living in the slums trying to survive and trying to discover more about the world above. 

Gundam (MSG Trilogy > Zeta Series > Chars Counter Attack Movie) + 0800 OVA's)

This is one of the biggest anime franchises and is another alternative take on the mecha genre, with many spin offs and different timelines, some better than others. Think of it as Japanese Star Wars/brutal future war story, following a ship carrying important experimental weapons and survivors through the middle of war. (I've only seen the first 3 movies which were amazing but am working my way through the rest)

Cowboy Bebop

More of a light heated anime compared to the others on the list with comedy elements and an episodic format following a space cowboy/bounty hunter. Strong characters and ending.

angels egg (film)

i honestly don't know what this was about, it's really weird but worth a watch, let me know if you figure it out lol

blue gender (series)

the starship troopers films were heavily inspired by this anime, feels a lot like fallout 4 (game)... a cryogenically frozen human is defeosted unwillingly to find a dying planet over run by bugs and joins the army to help try to recover it. 

Akira (movie)

anime classic, about human experimentation following a motorcycle gang. Weird and trippy!

Jin-Rou (film)

about a special forces member struggling with the weight of his work, lots of metaphorical stuff about wolves.

princess mononoke (film)

Like a dark/trippy take on Disney. Humans are mining for resources in the centre of the forest and disturb the spirits, making them

angry. they choose to hunt down the spirits and start a war.. Follows the people protecting the forest and the people fighting it.

Next one on my list to watch is Ghost In The Shell: Standalone Complex (series) which inspired the matrix!