Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I enjoyed the corner @ I watched it straight after the wire. I think true detective has been the first cop drama I have been able to watch since the wire.

Oh and a Heads up; there is a game of thrones season 4 teaser program out : games of thrones : ice and fire or something, type game of thrones your torrent search and it'll come up.

Lots of interviews, clips etc.. Got my all psyched, started watching season 3 again lol

may of already been suggested. House Of Cards, kevin spacey plays the lead character. It's based in the White house. I didn't think I'd like it, but ended up loving it. Really good story line and gives a really good insight into what the american politics could be like. The second series has just started on NetFlix. The end of the first series has set this new series up really well.

• Like 2

I mentioned in the rate your last watched movie thread that I watched the first 2 episodes a few days back but thought I'd post about it here. It appears that I was pretty drunk when I watched them (drunk, me ? surely not :rolleyes:), remember thinking they were really good but don't really remember much else :doh: So I've just watched them again. Superb, and I'm staggered by how good Matthew McConaughey is. Mentioned it in the other thread, I've never rated him at all as an actor before, but he was brilliant in Dallas Buyer's Club and he's superb in this too.

I cannot express how much I'm enjoying True Detective, probably more than I've enjoyed any other series. Mind you I don't watch much telly so I could be missing loads of good stuff.

• Like 2

Guest Theokoles

Read reviews of True Detective, thought it started a bit too dark and deep but after episodes 3 and 4 it really kicked of, love it :moptop:

Edited by Theokoles
  • Like 3

Just started watching breaking bad season 1 looks ok so far, only series ive watched since prison break and 24.

I reckon you're in for a treat. It's much, much better than prison break and 24 (in my opinion at least). Though in all honesty I wasn't a fan of prisoin break or 24, prison break was meh and the overwhelming right wing ethos of 24 just left a really nasty taste in my mouth, Jack Bauer gleefully torturing people because it's OK to do it as long as you're the good guy :puke: . A companion series to NCIS, right wing American 'terrorism' propaganda shit rammed down your throat.

E2A At least NCIS has a sexy goth lass and Illya Kuryakin/Steel from Sapphire and Steel in it (though what David McCallum is doing in it is beyond me, apart from paying his mortgage of course).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

im guessing all the usual have been mentioned but without reading through the thread "suits" is a brilliant series, my user name and DP is of a character from that series if anyone was wondering haha

• 1 month later...

Dusk till Dawn, just watched episode 3 & it's not too bad. :oldtoker:

:yinyang:

I might give it another go, tried to watch the first episode the other day but just didn't hold my attention lol

Love the returned @@se7en I ended up watching them all in a single marathon :yes: