Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

'Moonshiners' back for a new series tonight on Discovery 10pm......

First to come back..... 'The Curse of Oak Island' and 'Gold Rush' (new series) and now Moonshiners.......heaven!!

• Like 2

The Grand Tour

New Top Gear thing on Amazon Prime... Don't watch much TV me but had to catch this and it didn't let me down. It's like they have more freedom to do what they want, a massive spending budget and I couldn't stop smiling all the way through. Definitely recommended :D

@@93junglist

beat the shit out of new top gear anyway x]

Anyone else like the old Armando Iannucci series like The day today, Brasseye and Time trumpet? Definitely a good watch if you're partial to a bit of absurdity.

• Like 1

Lost.

Grand tour Is okay so far, I really don't care about watching £1,000,000 cars which the first episode is kinda just about, I've see one super car going around a track before, I'm not bothered about seeing another, the challenges look good though.

Guest Default Attribute

Recently watched The Crown, really enjoyed that even though I can't stand the royals and is probably mostly bullshit anyway.

As far as action TV goes, cant beat the marvel shows, jessica jones daredevil and luke cage much better than captain america and avengers etc.. all fucking awesome, cant wait for defenders and iron fist.

Another vote for 'Pablo Esbobar, el patron del mal'. Esta muy bien! Thanks for the suggestion. Agreed some of the acting is a bit shit, but some is very good (pablo, gonzalo, galan, chili, the kids).. They use 3 or 4 main tunes the whole way through though, which gets insanely repetitive and annoying if you are trying to binge-watch. The 'someone just got murdered' mafia violin music & scenes of rememberance (usually compiled from the previous 3-4 episodes) are so overdone and overused as to be almost comedic.

Watched Gomorrah recently, which someone else recommended, thanks. Definitely worth a watch, it looks and sounds amazing. Imo though, it suffers from the same problem as a lot modern of dramas for me, where there are no righteous characters and everyone is horrible. I'll watch series 3 though for sure..

Being down with the flu atm I got round to watching Boys From The Black Stuff yesterday - absolutely loved it! I've been watching a lot of old UK TV this year, mostly political - House of Cards, Sandbaggers, Edge of Darkness and A Very British Coup have been my faves.

Can anyone recommend some similar shows?

• Like 1

Being down with the flu atm I got round to watching Boys From The Black Stuff yesterday - absolutely loved it! I've been watching a lot of old UK TV this year, mostly political - House of Cards, Sandbaggers, Edge of Darkness and A Very British Coup have been my faves.

Can anyone recommend some similar shows?

Love Minder and The Sweeney...maybe try a show called 1990, it starred Edward Woodward and Gormenghast.

The grand tour is pish.. more cheese, silliness and stupid 'sketch' like shite than ever..

I was enjoying it until all the stupid fukkin antics started during the show...

The car bits were ok, but I wish the Fukka's would stop trying to be funny, cos they most certainly ain't!....

Edited by HazyDaze