Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I watched the whole of The Strain season 1 yesterday after some iso oil coffee. I finished episode 13 at 04:30 this morning. Wow, what a binge. It has it's faults, such as those lame idiotic decisions characters make, those that any scary story has to have in abundance. I love the story and some of the characters (GoT Walder Frey actor David Bradley plays the vampire hunter). Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth etc.) is director and it has his hallmarks.

It's not far off a 8 / 10.

S02E01 is getting off to a good start, explaining more backstory. I need to stop to go get some emergency rations of food (baked beans for baked taters), to enable me to survive another potential binge ....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

I watched the whole of The Strain season 1 yesterday after some iso oil coffee. I finished episode 13 at 04:30 this morning. Wow, what a binge. It has it's faults, such as those lame idiotic decisions characters make, those that any scary story has to have in abundance. I love the story and some of the characters (GoT Walder Frey actor David Bradley plays the vampire hunter). Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth etc.) is director and it has his hallmarks.

It's not far off a 8 / 10.

S02E01 is getting off to a good start, explaining more backstory. I need to stop to go get some emergency rations of food (baked beans for baked taters), to enable me to survive another potential binge ....

I'm right up to date with the strain, its not usually the kind of thing I'm into but i like it.

I'm pretty sure saddam started a separate thread on the strain.

That episode of westworld got me into it more than the first, really good, the original film is worth a watch, in that they have I think rome world and another world, it's pretty funny as it's a sci-fi from the 70s lol The old film and the new episodes are on now tv.

Theres a new tv show called Goliath & Billy Bob Thornton plays a once a powerful lawyer, Billy McBride is now a washed up ambulance chaser,

who spends more time in bars than the courtroom. When Billy reluctantly agrees to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the massive law firm

he helped create, a vast and deadly conspiracy comes to light. Billy and his team end up in a life-or-death trial against the ultimate foe,

which could end up helping Billy find redemption and exact revenge on the firm & former pal william hurt. the full 8 episodes are available in the usual places :yep:

https://youtu.be/k5_1LKLtLro

Just watched an Italian mafia drug dealing drama set in 70's and early 80's. My son downloaded it off the internet. Couple of years old. Subtitled but we were totally hooked thoughout. Called romanzo criminali. 2 series. Gamorrah is good too.

Just watched an Italian mafia drug dealing drama set in 70's and early 80's. My son downloaded it off the internet. Couple of years old. Subtitled but we were totally hooked thoughout. Called romanzo criminali. 2 series. Gamorrah is good too.

If you can get it (I have it on DVD :) ) there was anther 80s series about the Mafia - "Octopus" which was very, very good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_piovra

notable because it stars a young Luca Zingaretti (Inspector Montalbano)

• Like 1

@@JimmyPage appreciate you posting that, looks right up my alley.

Ran till 2001, 10 seasons. 8+ review on IMDB. All of it still available on DVD. If only kickass torrents was still going strong, I would be watching this tonight......

my daughters been a fan a miranda sings for years i have to put up with her impressions of her ( i can do one of her too ) .

now my daughter finds her very funny, i will admit i have done so too , her singing reminds me of when les dawson played the piano in the way he did .

anyways maybe not fore you but maybe your younger ones may like this

My daughter has just got into this shite, easily some of the worse TV I've been forced to endure in I dunno.. Forever!

And I've had to watch some shite I can tell you!

late starter again but Peaky Blinders, its brilliant

been giving it a wide swerve because I thought it was just another wanky period costume drama that the bbc loves to churn out but I was wrong lol

• Like 2