Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Haven't thoroughly checked to see if it's been mentioned but... Game of thrones, I will go ahead and say you are very welcome and anytime in advance ha!

Haven't thoroughly checked to see if it's been mentioned but... Game of thrones...

lol

It has been mentioned, in the first post.

But yeah, it's magnificent. :yep:

Guest quietlife

if you liked the wire then rubicon is an absolute must

east bound and down is pretty funny

underbelly is great

and if you have netflix theres a great nz comedy called hounds

• 2 weeks later...

True Detective ;)

I mentioned in the rate your last watched movie thread that I watched the first 2 episodes a few days back but thought I'd post about it here. It appears that I was pretty drunk when I watched them (drunk, me ? surely not :rolleyes:), remember thinking they were really good but don't really remember much else :doh: So I've just watched them again. Superb, and I'm staggered by how good Matthew McConaughey is. Mentioned it in the other thread, I've never rated him at all as an actor before, but he was brilliant in Dallas Buyer's Club and he's superb in this too.

• Like 2

Got the other 3 so far lined up for tonight after the footy ( lol I will be drunk again, so I'll probably have to watch those twice too lol). Fair fucks to HBO, they make some damn good telly.

The music in True Detective is ace too :)

Edited by Boojum

Some of the ones I like:

True Blood

Under the Dome

Breaking Bad

Game of thrones

Walking Dead

Boardwalk Empire

But the very best is and it always will be "Red Dwarf" lol

• Like 1

could go old skool with the dukes of hazzard, the a-team, night rider or airwolf.

Probably been mentioned but Band of Brothers and The Pacific are also great.

Parks and Recreation

The Big Bang Theory

House

Homeland

Generation Kill

Flight of the Conchords

Misfits

Blackadder

The list goes on. :)

• Like 1

Been watching

Helix about a virus, zombies and superhuman shit going on, getting good.

The Following about a cult of serial killers, well good.

• Like 1

I'm watchng Breakout Kings at the moment, its about a few selected prisoners that are helping detectives catch escaped prisoners in return for time off their sentence, every episode is a new escape/man hunt so it keeps your attention and you don't need to watch every episode to know what's happening (Other than the first few to know who the characters are) Its kind of cheesy but I'm enjoying it :)

saw the first episode oftrue detective a few days ago, looks fantastic, dark and gritty my kind of show. McConaughey has always been a good actor, he's just always picked big paydays and shitty scripts above proper acting, he's stopped doing bad romcoms and decided to become a real actor again.

For anyone who was a fan of the Wire may i recommend 'The Corner':

It's just amazing, by the same writers, follows real life stories of people in Philadelphia made into a drama series but with the real people occasionally popping up in it.

Here are the creators being interviewed, well worth a watch.

Edited by Ahiṃsā
  • Like 2