Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

It's a series about the "wait staff" at a fashionable restaurant in Hollywood/LA and who has shagged who, who has discovered it yet and the "goss" that surrounds it.

I was left dazed and wondering if we really are from quite the same species. Still, quite entertaining in a trashy of way. Like an american towie with but aimed more upmarket.

I'm liking Mr. Robot although I had my doubts in the first few episodes.

Going to recommend "The Night Of" again. Starting to really get going now, the 4th episode is fucking great- my new favourite show.

Binge watched Stranger Things in a couple of nights. Thought it was pretty good and liked how everything was wrapped up in one series rather than just piling mystery onto mystery until i give no shits and stop watching out of principle. Highly derivative though. Almost every scene is a nick from something else but enjoyed it none the less.

Big Mr Robot Episode.

Only just got in to season one last night, did about 5 episode's and really need to avoid spoilers!

I started The Shield last week, just finished the first series. Its good, but is a lil bit dated. People using flip phones. :rofl:

Animal Kingdom - a sometimes predictable but really engrossing crime family drama... it's tv candy really a bit like sons of anarchy.. still, it's watchable.. :yep:

series one to be found in the usual places....

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

Dont know if was mention. Stranger things good watch

Yep plus 1 on this...i watch it with my daughter when she visits...like the Goonies for grown ups and i loved the original goonies anyway lol

peace

I'm less than an episode deep but 'The Night Of' is very good so far..

I've just watched the first episode. Shows some great promise. I reckon they'll be some twists in this series.

• Like 2

@@BigJohnny 5 eps deep now and it's excellent man, looks great, amazing pace, some wicked writing (richard price from the wire :shock: , he has a great cameo too) and some familiar faces (the wire, sopranoes, etc). It's very formulaic (as a crime drama, spoiler, kinda), but at the same time feels really original.. Can you tell I like it yet? lol

• Like 1

I know its a few years old, but re-watching it at the moment, very gritty, begin to understand why the Americans used the bomb (twice!)

• Like 1

Been watching Modern Family of late. It's a bit soapy but the characters of Gloria and Manny are fabulous imo. It's light and amusing with the occasional flash of genius.

Sofia Vergara was the highest paid actress on US TV a while back and it is fairly easy to see why.

Edited by Bird