Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Irish RTE TV series set in Dublin about a gang of coke smugglers ... 1st 2 seasons stars Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger in GoT), but the real fun starts in seasons 3-5.

Bud Wiser :oldtoker:

thanks for the heads up of this show, I'd heard of it before but in typical fashion, I then forgot about it when I couldn't find it, well I managed to get it of extratorrents & kickass :yep:

• Like 1

@@BigJohnny I downloaded it from kickass torrents, took ages to do and then found out its on YouTube! Just search the name and it's all there.

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

Hap and Leonard - based on a book series by Joe Lansdale. Funny, violent and most watchable.

Not heard of the tv series, but I'm a fan of Joe Lansdale, excellent short horror writer (my particular favourite litererary genre), so I'll give it a watch :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just watched episode 1. Didn't really go anywhere but I'm willing to give episode 2 a go. James Purefoy is always worth watching, Michael Kenneth Williams is great, and Christina Hendricks is incredibly sexy. I'll watch episode 2.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

I found an old paperback called Mucho Mojo years ago and really enjoyed it. I went on to get all the series of books and the tv series imo really transfers well. I hope they do a second series.

Cant believe there's not been a thread about it but Preacher - yeah, Preacher the comic, with the angel orgies, demon fucking, irish vampires, meat sex dolls, saint of killers and a mission to kill god. It's actually got made into a tv show that doesn't seem to fucked things up - or toned things down (though it's still setting the scene).

Two eps in and I'm loving it!

• Like 1

Cant believe there's not been a thread about it but Preacher - yeah, Preacher the comic, with the angel orgies, demon fucking, irish vampires, meat sex dolls, saint of killers and a mission to kill god. It's actually got made into a tv show that doesn't seem to fucked things up - or toned things down (though it's still setting the scene).

Two eps in and I'm loving it!

Preacher is my favourite comic series. Saw the 1st ep and although it deviates I thought it showed good promise for a good adaptation. Haven't seen ep 2 yet.

• Like 1

Yeah man, I think it's made some changes - but I can get why they did it. And- the changes don't look like they are gonna change the feel of things. I'm just hoping if it gets into it's swing AMC don't shit themselves and start to back out of some of the more controversial stuff.

Yes Prime Minister

With the referendum bullshit hitting the fan as it picks up speed heading towards the vote,

I thought this series would put a comic twist on the workings of the powers that be, and show how just they twist things.

They're all on Youtube

enjoy

:oldtoker:

Im another fan of yes minister/prime minister tho I missed it the first time round & only got into it a few years ago, it's amazing how little politics have changed at heart.

• 2 weeks later...