Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Gotham, well fuck me, what a show, I`m late coming to this, and surprised it doesn`t have a thread of it`s own tbh, awesome stuff and loads of episodes in a series, The Penguin is just brilliant!

• Like 3

Kingdom was surprisingly good. Pilot episode is a bit shit, and the fight scenes are'nt great, but it has some pretty great writing and acting in parts.. It will make you want to do pullups and hit something though lol

@@Jimboo

I spotted the Lincoln one, gonna go look at it later, there was some Martin Luther King stuff on earlier as well, haven't seen the dust bowl, what's that about?

Still haven't seen Breaking Bad either, that's one I'm really looking forward to, once I get my hands on the box set and have a good few hours to spare... :rofl:

Love anything to do with moonshining/bootlegging or general flouting of ridiculous laws.........fucking rebel me...... :rofl:

:oldtoker:

I'm binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. All about science teacher cooking meth and making millions. Acting is brilliant and storyline of episodes keep me up too late at night

• Like 2

childish vulgarity ---then you need the wizards of aus ..new comedy out of australia ,an ancient wizard ends up in melbourne ..started watchin laughed a couple of hearty chuckles so will watch it properly tonight .

• Like 1

Re watching The walking dead. Season 3 is really good with the governor and A lot more main character deaths compared to the latest seasons, but that's definitely going to change at the start of season 7 ;)

i just finished watching 'black sails' for the second time, all three series. awesome show if you can get past the slow start. easily in my top 5 tv shows of all time.

last night I watched the first episode of 'hap and leonard' on amazon. its described as a darkly comic swamp noir set in the 80s. I wasn't feeling it too much but I was sleppy and stoned. I like james purefoy so I'm going to watch a few episodes before I give up.

next up i think im going to finaly watch the walking dead or peaky bllinders.

Only personal opinion but I'd go for Peaky Blinders. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of that and am enjoying the 3rd. I thought The Walking Dead was utterly tedious,I've never managed to make it past the middle of season 2 (and that took some effort). Zombies have been done to death (arf arf), and The Walking Dead adds absolutely nothing to an already tired and cliche'd genre.

• Like 3

@@Boojum The zombies just become something that they live with, the people are more dangerous and how living with zombies takes a toll on them and you can see the main characters change..It's the best zombie series ever and like no other IMO. I started re watching at season 3 just for the record lol

• Like 1

@@Boojum The zombies just become something that they live with, the people are more dangerous and how living with zombies takes a toll on them and you can see the main characters change..It's the best zombie series ever and like no other IMO. I started re watching at season 3 just for the record lol

I dunno about 'best', but I think the scariest zombie series ever, the ones about mindless, soulless monsters taking over the world that truly give me the fear are probably TOWIE and Made In Chelsea lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 8

> @@Boojum

Without trawling through 110 pages of responses, have you seen 'Love/Hate' ?

(apologies if it's already been mentioned).

Irish RTE TV series set in Dublin about a gang of coke smugglers ... 1st 2 seasons stars Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger in GoT), but the real fun starts in seasons 3-5.

(The real star is an actor called Tom Vaughan-Lawler who plays a brilliant character called Nidge. He's also in Peaky Blinders series one, he's the IRA guy who gets blown away in Tommy's pub. Superb actor)

It's not easy to get hold of however ... but I do have a full copy, getting it to you is another matter tho.

Happy hunting ..

Bud Wiser :oldtoker:

I dunno about 'best', but I think the scariest zombie series ever, the ones about mindless, soulless monsters taking over the world that truly give me the fear are probably TOWIE and Made In Chelsea lol

The Walking Dead isn't a show about zombies tbf.

lol so true.

The Walking Dead isn't a show about zombies tbf.

Ye The word "zombie" or the idea of them doesn't exist in their world, which was a good idea TBF So they can't be like "Omg these are like those zombies out of that zombie movie we saw before everything went to shit" lol