Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

The Windsors. :yinyang:

Quite trashy but enjoyable. I think they might be making some of of it up lol

Reminds me of the series star stories. I didn't realise Kate was a gypser until I watched this series.

Edited by Bird
  • Like 2

I just finished Dollhouse, only two series and it got cancelled, 09-10.

Joss Whedon of Firefly fame, which is why I gave it a shot, everyone should love Firefly.

Sci Fi, basic premise that humans can have their brains wiped, everything, clean. Then imprinted with any personality, or single memories, or combination built for a job, prostitution, assassination, espionage etc etc

I absolutely loved it, the first season progresses slowly but every episode fills your head with the possibilities of the technology. Exactly what I want from my watching, brain food. Stuff that leaves me wanting to write more stories for that episodes ideas etc!

By the end of the first season, they knew it was only being renewed for one more season, so plot picked up pace FAST with an extra episode added to end of season 1.

Season 2 continues but loses alot of the philosophy and ideas to plot and heavy character development, but later picks back up with alot of interesting social commentary on modern mass corporations and such. Really explore the idea of the self, acknowledging you aren't who you are led to believe.

Really fantastic, I hated the way it picked up pace, leaving you to fill blanks, but if it hadn't it would be just another cancelled show with no conclusion. When you realize whats happening it feels more in place, just had a few episodes that felt strange all of a sudden.

This ended satisfyingly, and while I would have much rather seen it play out over 6 series or so. I loved nearly everything about it, would recommend to any Sci Fi fans that can maybe excuse some dodgy plot points and changes in characters etc for the sake of the brain food.

9/10 overall for me.

Joe 90 for adults by the sound of it. (Gerry and Sylvia Anderson series)

The Last Panthers - Samantha Morton stars, 6 patter. In English, Serbian and French. Good cross continent thriller. Dark but I enjoyed it.

Legend - Sean Bean as FBI undercover genius type dude. Ok, fills 40 minutes.

Five part series "Prohibition" was shown on PBS AMERICA last night, sorry for the late post but I guess it's available on tinternet somewhere if anyone's interested.

cheers

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

@@stu914 the Dust bowl series is very good as well Stu have you seen that? I caught the end off The Assassination of Abraham.Lincoln. this morning i want to watch the start its repeated tonight at 7pm

@@Jimboo

I spotted the Lincoln one, gonna go look at it later, there was some Martin Luther King stuff on earlier as well, haven't seen the dust bowl, what's that about?

Still haven't seen Breaking Bad either, that's one I'm really looking forward to, once I get my hands on the box set and have a good few hours to spare... :rofl:

Love anything to do with moonshining/bootlegging or general flouting of ridiculous laws.........fucking rebel me...... :rofl:

:oldtoker:

First episode of Preacher is very promising..

I'm a big fan of the comic..probably my all time favourite series..so I was a bit apprehensive about this TV adaptation.It wasn't too bad and does show promise..but what have they done to Tulip ? I fancied the comic book Tulip something rotten,but not so much this casting - she isn't even blonde !

Started watching The XYY Man, which looked excellent but could only find the first episode of series one but it is the series that first featured Don Henderson as George Bulman. So this led on to Strangers, which I had totally forgotten about, youtube has a far amount and then it will be Bulman, he retires and amongst other activities takes the occasional case as a private detective. Looking forward to that because I remember it as being excellent. Strangers and Bulman are both as much about police/detective work as they are about Don Henderson's wonderfully quirky playing of Bulman and any particular story just a pretext to showcase the character.

This was one of the "grown up" progs my (massively cool) Mum let me watch, aged 10,11. Along with The Sweeny. Excellent series and good books (Kenneth Royce).

If we're talking about that era, wasn't there a prog ... "Sandbaggers" ? or "1990" where Edward Woodward drove around in a future Britain occupied by 2CVs ?

In fact, "1990" sounds well worth a rewatch:

Great Britain, 1990. The population is now governed by an increasingly corrupt bureaucracy headed by the Home Secretary and backed by the tyrannical Public Control Department (PCD), who have done away with the rights of the individual and maintain control through ID cards, rationing, censorship and electronic/audio/physical surveillance. Free speech is forbidden. The rule of law no longer protects the weak and defenseless. Emigration is impossible. But escape is not, thanks to rebels like Jim Kyle (Edward Woodward), a journalist and secret dissident who battles the forces of the Establishment, but constantly faces imprisonment or death (or worse) at the hands of the PCD and its ruthless controller Herbert Skardon
Edited by JimmyPage

Fear the walking dead is worth a watch if you like The walking dead.

Black mirror, The one where they have to get credits with the Britians got talent thing is my favourite

The Tunnel - Sabotage.

If you liked the first series or a slow , but I think gripping, series give it a go. In English and French with a very good cast.