Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

OMFG ....Gotham just keeps getting better and better, best series since Game of Thrones imho :

:tv_horror:

I struggled to really get into it when it first started and I was gutted coz I'm a huge batman fan but we decided to give it another go while stoned and full of Easter eggs a few weeks ago and I've Gotta say that I'm really into it now aswell.

So happy I gave it another go :)

Ain't watched game of thrones at all...just ain't watched it! might start Hannibal soon coz my mate keeps banging on about it!

I'm mortified by the things I've watched recently, mostly South Park,American dad and I'm loving Rick and morty right now :)

No I ain't heard of that but I'm already sold on cartoon lol

I'll be looking at that! I'm not sure why but I keep coming back to South Park and crying laughing.....every time! I love The mr Jefferson one and Russell Crowe with fucking tugger man! I already need to watch that episode again it's like I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

I'm about to embark on a binge watch of season 5 of Game of Thrones. It was IMHO the weakest season so far, but season 6 starts on the 25th and I can't really remember anything much about season 5 so I'm gonna have to watch it again. It wasn't bad, and there were a few moments I enjoyed, it was just wasn't anywhere near as good as the earlier seasons and as such pretty unmemorable. Still love it, though, and hope it gets its mojo back in season 6.

• Like 3

I've started watching sopranos again I never watched it whole way through when on tv then watched series one and stopped for some reason. Wicked series and worth watching.

• Like 2

I just finished Dollhouse, only two series and it got cancelled, 09-10.

Joss Whedon of Firefly fame, which is why I gave it a shot, everyone should love Firefly.

Sci Fi, basic premise that humans can have their brains wiped, everything, clean. Then imprinted with any personality, or single memories, or combination built for a job, prostitution, assassination, espionage etc etc

I absolutely loved it, the first season progresses slowly but every episode fills your head with the possibilities of the technology. Exactly what I want from my watching, brain food. Stuff that leaves me wanting to write more stories for that episodes ideas etc!

By the end of the first season, they knew it was only being renewed for one more season, so plot picked up pace FAST with an extra episode added to end of season 1.

Season 2 continues but loses alot of the philosophy and ideas to plot and heavy character development, but later picks back up with alot of interesting social commentary on modern mass corporations and such. Really explore the idea of the self, acknowledging you aren't who you are led to believe.

Really fantastic, I hated the way it picked up pace, leaving you to fill blanks, but if it hadn't it would be just another cancelled show with no conclusion. When you realize whats happening it feels more in place, just had a few episodes that felt strange all of a sudden.

This ended satisfyingly, and while I would have much rather seen it play out over 6 series or so. I loved nearly everything about it, would recommend to any Sci Fi fans that can maybe excuse some dodgy plot points and changes in characters etc for the sake of the brain food.

9/10 overall for me.

Edited by Stoned Whale
  • Like 1

I've been watching a very old British tv series called Scotland Yard. It aired between 1951 to 1959, it is dated but the writing is very good. All of the stories are dramatisations of actual cases held on Scotland Yard's records. The acting and production values are very good because I think from the credits there was some American money put in. It is fascinating to see how progressed police forensic science was and the procedural nature of policing at this time.

I'm going to post one very very interesting case. Remember this is dramatised not fictionalised. Somebody foresees a death in a dream and where the body is, it turned out to be the exact truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBfyMz_LODA&list=PL_xv0OidfPlczxvBS9btyc6BLy1PHl2oe&index=4

Another +1 for Gotham. I've been watching it from the start and it gets better and better as it goes along. I hope it continues...

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching The XYY Man, which looked excellent but could only find the first episode of series one but it is the series that first featured Don Henderson as George Bulman. So this led on to Strangers, which I had totally forgotten about, youtube has a far amount and then it will be Bulman, he retires and amongst other activities takes the occasional case as a private detective. Looking forward to that because I remember it as being excellent. Strangers and Bulman are both as much about police/detective work as they are about Don Henderson's wonderfully quirky playing of Bulman and any particular story just a pretext to showcase the character.

Anyone been watching Rick and Morty?

It`s an animated show about a mad alcoholic scientist and his sons family, some really sureal ideas and this is what Futurama should have been more like imo, although I liked Futurama but the last few "specials" were shit to say least

well worth a look if you like your cartoons with wild imagination

I`m on season 2 now and it`s just as good, just continues straight on.

• Like 3