Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Guest Default Attribute

Mr robot was the best show I have seen in years, really loved it the music is awesome.

Edited by StevieRays

another :yep: for mr robot, I thought it was a fantastic series but the missus hated it.

ive finally got hold of series 3 of deadwood, going to start it tonight I think.

@@Hazeworks is hell on wheels any good? I watched a couple of episodes, mentioned it on here and a few people told me to ditch it and watch deadwood. whats it like compared to deadwood?

its shit they only made 3 series of deadwood, deadwoods fantastic. al swearengen and calamity jane are two of the best tv characters ever.

there is rumours of a deadwood movie maybe being made.

• Like 1

I thought Hell on Wheels was dreadful, only managed to get through a couple of episodes, the script was fucking awful (especially after the greatness of Deadwood).

Has anyone been watching The Night Manager on BBC1 ? Second episode was on Sunday and I'm really into it. Based on a John le Carre novel (I love his stuff, proper spy thrillers about the dirty stuff, not the James Bond romance e2a I still think the BBC adaptation of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is the best spy drama ever made - the movie version with Gary Oldman as Smiley was OK, but the TV series with Alec Guinness was absolutely superb, one of the high points of British TV drama for me :) ) about an ex army bloke working as the night manager in a hotel, who becomes tangled up with a British arms dealer (superbly and sinisterly played by Hugh Laurie) and roped in to the spy game. Like I say, only on episode 2 but I'm enjoying it, the creation of the character that the night manager has to become requires a bit of willing suspension of disbelief but I'm willing to go along with it because Laurie is superb as the arms dealer and his whole entourage is terrifying, especially Tom Hollander as his right hand man.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Seconded, i'm eagerly awaiting finding out exactly what he's up to, should be a crucial episode next week. To think Hugh Laurie was Stephen Fry's sidekick and Tom Hollander was Rev !

• Like 1

I find most BBC shows I watch are utter shit. The one exception being peeky blinders.

Just started watching Sons of Anarchy. Which I'm enjoying. Thank god for American TV.

Proper peeved off! Just watched 'The Red Road' ....2 seasons back to back over the past couple of days. I barely watch anything on the box and I find out that it doesn't look like there will be any further episodes. Gutted! It ended on a massive cliff-hanger, unfinished! WTF? Why do TV companies do this type of thing? The twats.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Prison break 10/10, Season, i think 3 was a bit meh and that put me off but worth watching, as season 4 is "off the hook" Season 5 is mean't to be happening (Y)

Edited by brendog

• 2 weeks later...

Rick and Morty - just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Was watching in bed the other day and couldn't sleep because I kept sniggering at the jokes.

I've just watched all of Rick and Morty, loved it. Motherfucking Tiny Rick! lol

• Like 4