Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Blasted off 'Weeds' in last month, 2nd time ive done the full 8 seasons - Dunno if it's 'cause it's so good or if it's 'cause Mary Louise is so fit.....

• Like 1

Hm, I thought Mr Robot wasn't as good as it billed up to be... Lazy story and background feeding on direct inspiration from a variety of shows, films and Anonymous.

It was more of a "Saw that coming" or "Hey I know that Quote" or "Can't they come up with something a bit more original?"

The concept of the show is great, the actual show is ... 6/10 and that's being generous. I actually grimaced when they announced a second season.

My 2p.

Edited by dannychoo

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Yet more superhero schtick, not impressed at all. We are already beyond saturation with this genre and this is one of the lesser shows; trite, cliched dialogue and some terrible acting performances (e.g Wentworth Miller of Prison Break fame hamming it up by opting for a terrible choice of 'doing' a moustache twirling bad guy that is completely out of place for the character and the situation).

Don't get me wrong, Daredevil was pretty good and Gotham worth a watch for lack of anything else, but the novelty has long since worn off with all the shows on top of all the films.

There was a Green Arrow cameo in episode two so I guess it must be in the same vein (never watched Green Arrow or it's sister series). If you like that sort of thing, or the Flash, or Agents of Shield, or Jessica Jones or... Christ on a unicycle enough already!!

• Like 1

Legends of tomorrow is good, but only if like me, you really enjoy arrow and flash IMO.

It is cheesy as fuck, lame as shit, and the acting is as wooden as woody the woodpeckers mums dinner, but... It's so shit I like it.

It's like the a team for now. Every one shoots, no one seems to get hit.

Check out Outsiders. About a family of hillbillys living on a hill, they want to stay there, other peeps want them off it! Described as Mad Max meets Little house on the prairie. I really liked it.

Just finished episode 5 of Mr Robot. Skipped any post in here that's mentioned it so far! Can't wait to finish.

It's really good so far. The music especially stands out to me. Adds so much emotionally to each scene. Reminds me of requiem for a dream a bit.

Main character also hits home a bit personal aswell. Love the thoughts aloud. Can be dark and unsettling at times with the addiction and stuff, really really well done.

Plots maybe a little bit naive to capitalism and it doesn't seem like I'm going to be too surprised how it ends etc. But I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Vibes well with me. Bit derivative on anonymous and stuff. Reminds me of Utopia from ch4 aswell a bit (which ain't a bad thing).

Surprised to read it comes from a guy with little to no film / to history.

Well worth a watch unless it dive bombs in the last 5 eps. Currently sitting at maybe a 9/10 for me.

• Like 1

Horace & Pete

New show written and directed by Louis CK, he also stars alongside Steve Buscemi, Alan Alda and a host of others.

Not seen it yet but I have high hopes...

• Like 1