Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Posted (edited)

Irvine Welsh's Crime. Bog-standard police procedural with all the usual cliches (including the 'troubled' detective :rolleyes: ) and some clumsy 'social commentary'. It's got Irvine Welsh's name in the title but it could have been written by any of the hack scriptwriters that churn this kind of stuff out to order on a weekly basis.

Edited by Boojum

Those About To Die. So bad I couldn't even make it to the end of the first episode lol

• Like 2

After sitting through some of Those About To Die and giving up on it I decided to watch Spartacus Blood and Sand. It's garbage, but it's a far more entertaining class of garbage, much more worth watching than Those About To Die.

Addendum to the above it should really be called Spartacus Blood and Tits lol

Posted (edited)

The Serpent Queen. Excellent, sly and witty. I've always rated Samantha Morton and she's superb (as is the lass who plays the young Catherine).

Edited by Boojum

I've been working my way through Bojack Horseman, funny, dark, and touching. 8/10

• Like 3

Time Bandits. :soap:  Failed to capture even the faintest glimmer of the film, so far it's just fucking awful and a very poor copy of Horrible Histories, which did it much better and at a fraction of the cost. lol    Lisa Kudrow's voice is like nails on a blackboard.

The Bear.

fk me its great  exactly like working in kitchen l 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, growinggold said:

The Bear.

fk me its great  exactly like working in kitchen l 

Have you watched the family Christmas episode yet ? One of the best hours of TV I've ever watched, all the excruciating detail of the hell of a family Christmas, perfectly written and performed, just utterly brilliant :notworthy:

yeah I have half way through s3 atm. currently feel like the place or character are gonna burn down or have heart attack.  all characters n development are superb. cant fault a thing..

i especially like Matthew matherson? ( I think that's the guy) character he comes in with dopey funny self. acts like a lid being taken of boiling pan. just that little release n let the tension build again.  superbly written n acted. all with out the need for violence n guns. an tbh i like fact has quit smoking. o

God that got me craving. 

Edited by growinggold

Should really change the title of this thread to summat like "Rate your last TV show." like the movie thread cos it's not really about recommendations. I've just watched The White Queen and The White Princess. The White Queen was OK, a historically inaccurate, trashy soap (should really be classed as romantic fantasy not historical drama) but a guilty pleasure, The White Princess was even more historically inaccurate, soapy, trashy and more fantasy than historical drama but lacked whatever it was that allowed me to overlook all that in the first one, only redeeming feature is Jodie Comer who rises above the risible script and plotting. Not even gonna bother with The Spanish Princess, I've had more than my fill of Philippa Gregory's brand of romantic fantasy masquerading as historical drama.

Started watching "Supacell" on Netflix the other day,

about 4 or 5 episodes in.

It's a good watch,

so far,

draws you in.

It might be crap by the time the story unravels ??

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

MrBigstuff on sky max with danny dyer, written by amd starrting Ryan samson, had me creased last night,  enjoyed that, some proper belly laugh scenes lol

• Like 1

@HazyDaze i made Mrs P watch Mr Bigstuff the other day, she wasn't keen to start with but we ended up binging all 6 episodes in one go, i love chaotic Danny Dyer and Ryan Samson is hilarious too , proper enjoyed it :D

:yinyang:

• Like 1