*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

That's what this thread is for. Pretty much every seed drop gets a mention on here. One thing to consider is that not everyone documents themselves making the seeds or even has a dairy. 

• Like 3

TBH I have said before now that there should be a subby seed stand alone section (not Announcements) - Where the donators can see their work getting grown out in for of member diaries - also it might make a seed breeder more aware when there has been a question asked regarding their seed.

This is a great thread for seeing whats dropping or just dropped - But most other stuff (pics, grow outs etc) are spread all over the site in places such as subby pics - or led diaries or XYZ section diaries....you get what i mean like ? 

I don't mean more sections more of a small section with say this thread a subby pics thread and one sub section called subby grows..

• Like 4

As much as I can see the merit, I can't say I'd be arsed to actually start a whole new diary in a different section when I was growing some subbies out, I just tag the person that made them. Same as if I was making seed, there's enough work/organisation involved already without having to document the whole thing on here. 

I know not everyone is a lazy/disorganised as me, but what I'm getting at, is if we made such a section, I doubt it would actually end up being the one stop shop for all the subbies info, so you'd just have an extra place to trawl through on top of all the other places lol

A wise man once said to me....

...Sometimes trying to fix something just causes more problems. If it works, don't touch it. :yinyang:

Or was than it a Terry Pratchett Book? 

Fuck knows, who even cares lol , I'm rambling again aren't I.                                 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

It's pretty east to press on the breeders name in the current subbie thread and just drop them a message :hippy:

True. It's great that you're up for answering those recurring "what is the parentage, is it a fem" type questions but I still think it would be good to have a dedicated place for all that kind of info.

I'm not talking about a grow diary in there, just a thread for each new subby strain we put out. That should indeed include a link to the breeders and growers diaries, if they exist.

• Like 1

It's  not a seed store, you either sub and get a free pack of seeds off the list  from kind folk that made them and sent them in or don't as far as i'm concerned.

Their free seeds,   do you expect the same of free seeds you get from seedwanks? 

To think people are actually moaning about this and not wanting to take the time to ask anything  after all the time and effort people  put in here for nothing, no pleasing some is there.

Unbelievable. 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

It's  not a seed store, you either sub and get a free pack of seeds off the list  from kind folk that made them and sent them in or don't as far as i'm concerned.

I think that's the thing ain't it, some people have it wrong and think they're buying seeds and supporting the site in the process, rather than supporting the site and getting a pack of beans as a "thanks for your support"

I could write a fancy description and have a dedicated marketing thread for the beans I send but ultimately the only thing that matters to me is "I made some stuff because I thought it would be cool, I have more than I need so here's some of the surplus for anyone who wants to support the site"

That's about as much marketing as I'm capable of lol If someone else wants to create a dedicated thread for each subbies offering I don't think anyone will stand in their way.

Just reach out to people and actually connect with them if you're curious about their beans, we're spreading love not providing a service.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, NezA said:

Aye and people do occasionally submit "FEMS." You can find out by speaking to the seed makers or checking their post history. (Most will have already explained the nature of the seeds they sent)

But with as much space and light as you have at your disposal hunting a pack of regs to find a fine lass to mum up is child's play. I manage it in a space that's a tiny fraction of yours. It's not just me that will attest that you're missing out looking only for "FEMS."

To each their own though, from the few interactions I've had with you I can tell you have a fairly firm idea about how you want to do things which is cool. I just leave you to it from here on out :yep:

Cheers mate I would need a space on its own for mums would I or could I just keep them in my veg tent when you say find a mum what do you do find one and just keep taking cutting then use a cutting to breed with is that right or do you breed the mum  I am definitely going to go down the regs and breeding route at some point I want to be growing top shelf weed and top genetics I was getting addicted to it before I had to shut down also want to try what notorious bud doing that guys got some skill the yield and the size of his space so hopefully that's the plan pal

2 hours ago, NezA said:

I think that's the thing ain't it, some people have it wrong and think they're buying seeds and supporting the site in the process, rather than supporting the site and getting a pack of beans as a "thanks for your support"

I could write a fancy description and have a dedicated marketing thread for the beans I send but ultimately the only thing that matters to me is "I made some stuff because I thought it would be cool, I have more than I need so here's some of the surplus for anyone who wants to support the site"

That's about as much marketing as I'm capable of lol If someone else wants to create a dedicated thread for each subbies offering I don't think anyone will stand in their way.

Just reach out to people and actually connect with them if you're curious about their beans, we're spreading love not providing a service.

You'd break the  internet if you started wtiting  fancy descriptions bud, nobody got time for dat  lol

:yinyang:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baron von greenback said:

I want to be growing top shelf weed and top genetics

both are in the subbies i reckon you could grow out any of the subbies and match most "high end" releases and save a pretty packet

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Diddy said:

So when are you bringing out the auto fems for subbies ? I just aint got the time to be messin ya know :oldtoker::Spam_Icon:    just joshing chaps lol 

That would be @brock1s stuff (other than Joshua). IMO they totally prove my point about fems being just as good as regs (if they're made properly) fuck they even prove me wrong because as a rule I say Autos are shit lol .

Honestly they're something really special, proper trippy, tracers and all kinds of visual distortion going on if you get a good one. Some deep complex flavours to go with as well, properly a full package. I was really excited to learn that Joshua is photo because now I can find a real trippy lady and keep her as a mother :thumsup:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

both are in the subbies i reckon you could grow out any of the subbies and match most "high end" releases and save a pretty packet

Ye that seems to be the case looking and listening to people who are growing them that's the end goal hopefully mate

• Like 2

Guest anarchycamp
7 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ye that seems to be the case looking and listening to people who are growing them that's the end goal hopefully mate

Used to chase haze from one dealer to the next paying over the odds for import/damm looking sherbety goodness. 

Found what I wanted in a pack of haze subbies along with some awesome other phenos, it takes a dump on any dealer weed I've found.

Oh wait I'm not choking my guts up on home grown. DTD

14 hours ago, Diddy said:

So when are you bringing out the auto fems for subbies ? I just aint got the time to be messin ya know :oldtoker::Spam_Icon:    just joshing chaps lol 

Their is auto fems up now. Orange Hazeberry gum and BSM are both auto fems :yinyang: 

Edited by brock1

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

Their is auto fems up now. Orange Hazeberry gum and BSM are both auto fems :yinyang: 

A bad day when even my fun/sarcasm don't work lol . It was supposed to be "I'll get me coat" moment lol 

Edit to add - That orange hazeberry - Any taste/smoke report ? Does it actually have a hint of orange or zest/fruit notes ?

Edited by Diddy
  • Like 2