*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

9 hours ago, ratdog said:

cracking, but i meant in the eyes of the law :yep:

Thst is a valid point. As someone who was made homeless just over a decade ago for 6 poxy plants and a police caution because it still breached my tenancy agreement. 1 poxy plant can make a person homeless regardless of the law simply not caring. Tenancy agreements tend to have a miss use of drugs section. 

This didn't stop me though but made me grow more plants outdoor. Infact I grow a small patch out the back of a local police station that I was arrested in. I didn't harvest anything because the strains were junk indoor only and turned to mush outdoor. In reality I started growing more after I was evicted. 200+ outdoor plants mostly regs each season. Mostly test junk that didn't finish with a few gems. Anyway its been 23yr since I started growing growing and my point is I still use regs but I also see the benefits of fems. I actually hated fems with a passion until around 2010 when Neville showed up online. He changed my mind and sparked a lot of interest in genetics. In conclusion from my experience I think that no person should be made homeless for growing any plant. But if your going to grow then grow the numbers you need not the numbers you think another person will consider acceptable. I thought 6 was s safe number. Turned out I would of been in the same situation with 1 or 20. 

• Like 8

@brock1 I'm going to try some regs outdoors this year I bred two subbies animal biscuit with black mac last year and have thousands of seeds I'll be sending some in soon as I finish this test run.

Police are wankers they caught me with 1 plant and when I went to court it turned into 14 plants they took multiple pictures of the same one.. luckily I only got a fine but still had to go court over it.

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 2

Devils Advocate hear and I'm aware I've only been growing indoors for 3 years and a lot of things are different or don't translate, but I've been growing outdoors for over 15 years and I honestly have never noticed any real difference in quality, vigour or anything else between fem and reg beans. 

On average, I've had equal amounts of hermis from regs as I have fems, same yields, same potential for quality, same resistance to pests and mould etc etc. 

Agree to disagree but I honestly feel like if the same mother's used in subbies where reversed and used to make fems there would be little to no discernible difference other than a lack of males. Which leads me on to the point that for a less experienced breeder/hacker it might a actually be easier to select parents when your only using females, from what I gather it takes a bit of time to learn what triats a male is likely to pass on. 

E2A

That's not to say I think FEMS are better than regs, I use mainly FEMS at the moment because I'm limited on space, but if that wasn't an issue I'd have no real preference between the 2.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, brock1 said:

1 poxy plant can make a person homeless regardless of the law simply not caring.

agreed, so once you decide to break the law, it seems it doesn't matter how many plants you have if it depends on whether the beak is a cunt or not that day. i just think personally it's much more fun when you start messing with your own crosses, and you soon realise that the crosses you make can and often will be as good as if not better than a lot of the fems around.

fems can be good, but we have seen, well i can remember seed companies getting greedy and not caring about seed production after a while. like i said, i am a hypocrite and have used them in my current crosses, but i want to grow out all i have created now, i have seeds i made from original releases from years ago to go through that i have neglected through laziness.

• Like 7

I don't think the first generations of fems will have much in the way of sexually unstable genes, 

but if you breed over multiple generations constantly reversing to get pollen then I'm fairly sure that will cause instability in sex(hermie). 

Generations and generations of inadvertently breeding for sexual instability. 

This is why I believe breeders like a female thar doesn't turn too easily,

i bet some seed makers take advantage of such things though. 

I don't state any of this as a fact, 

I'm far from an expert on the subject, 

just the way I see it until I'm educated in another way :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

just the way I see it until I'm educated in another way 

Same goes with what I'm saying TBF. Just airing not thoughts really.

Sweet seeds must have worked some fem lines pretty far by now and other than a few rare cases I don't see them having that sort of issue. So although what you're saying does seem to have legs I would imagine it's possible to avoid if you know what your doing. TBF half the newer "elite clones" or super hype regular lines seem to carry hermi traits, Gorilla glue, zkittlez, runtz, GSC etc etc.

Maybe (dare I say probably) it's just that there's more crap/lazy breeders putting out fems than there are putting out regs? 

I'll get my head round all this breeding stuff one day, although it does seem like something that takes a lifetime and the people I know with the most experience don't always seem to agree with each other lol

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I don't think the first generations of fems will have much in the way of sexually unstable genes, 

but if you breed over multiple generations constantly reversing to get pollen then I'm fairly sure that will cause instability in sex(hermie). 

Generations and generations of inadvertently breeding for sexual instability. 

This is why I believe breeders like a female thar doesn't turn too easily,

i bet some seed makers take advantage of such things though. 

just the way I see it until I'm educated in another way :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

I agree to some of what you say. The thing i hate about fems is hyped up strains. For example cham. Now don't get my wrong I love chem as a smoker but not as a breeder. Why you might. Its easy money. Your set to make s1 and sell a shit load. Well to start the seeds from these line have hermi problems like you see in GG#4, double dubs, ect, yet they still get inbreed into the gene pool using selfing which for me isn't even breeding. Its something your told not to do if your breeding. Don't use hermi prone parents. It just pure greed to feed the market because the consumer wants it. Thats not breeding its pure supply and demand and that is retailing not breeding. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 5

On 23/02/2023 at 4:54 AM, brock1 said:

The only way currently is to do a search for the person who breed it and back through their content. I know a lot of people are taking more interest in breeding fems lately so they will be more fems added to the list. 

We should probably have a subbies seed forum in Breeders or Strain Talk? I was thinking about that the other day before renewing and picking while trawling the forum and threads for info from the breeders...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iShouldCoCo said:

We should probably have a subbies seed forum in Breeders or Strain Talk? I was thinking about that the other day before renewing and picking while trawling the forum and threads for info from the breeders...

It's pretty east to press on the breeders name in the current subbie thread and just drop them a message :hippy:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

unfortunately the number of retailers far out weighs the number of proper breeders.

sad but true

100% sad but true. The current market is 99% clone collectors with a bottle of STS. :wallbash:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, iShouldCoCo said:

We should probably have a subbies seed forum in Breeders or Strain Talk?

Your on it right now geez :skin_up:

E2A oh you mean to document the grows. That would be good, not everyone will want to docum them of course, but to have them all in one place when they do want to would be good. TBF though I think that kind of is what the breeding section is intended for, at least partially.  

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, brock1 said:

It's pretty east to press on the breeders name in the current subbie thread and just drop them a message :hippy:

I agree to some extent but If there was a section just for subbie seeds, everyone  can chip in with their own experiences and advice on certain seeds..

Plus it makes it way easier when looking for grow diaries if they are all on one place, It might also encourage more people to subscribe!

No brainer imo.

• Like 1