*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

Just now, ratdog said:

it's a slippery slope is feminized, easy predictions over plant number issues, been there myself.

i'll be honest, playing with your own creations and doing it "organically" is the best fun, growing fems does not allow for this, even if you are a cheap hack lol

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean there, but I want to :D I've just finished the after dinner doob, and I'm a bit slow. "easy predictions over plant number issues" - what do you mean? I've got a few fems in the fridge but to be honest I think I've actually got a few hundred subbies in the fridge. I'm going to be growing regs until I die lollol But I'm interested as to the ins and outs of fems, if you have time to explain it to me 

Just now, BilgePump said:

@Gaijin Get about that clusterfuck of s's and p's you've got , you'll never look back :yep:

:yinyang:

oh yeah, the s's and p's .... got a few of those ........... or even ratdog's smile F3's, they'd be nice.

How do you judge how many to pop, in order to fill your planned pots? Or do you not plan pots until you see how many girls you get? That would make more sense 

• Like 3

Just now, anarchycamp said:

An instant reg convert here, imo fems dont take to cuttings as well and seem to lose something as time goes by. 

If you have more than one space, regs is easy peasy.

Or it could be the final bud/smoke that creates the keepers. Hell I found my keeper during flower first run, checked after multiple runs of the other phenos and yep, it stood out that early. That was a more exciting moment than any fems

Yeah ok, you're talking me into it :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

"easy predictions over plant number issues" - what do you mean?

most people say they don't want to grow regs because they don't want more than the exact plant numbers for flower, obviously you need a few more if growing regs.

• Like 7

Just now, ratdog said:

most people say they don't want to grow regs because they don't want more than the exact plant numbers for flower, obviously you need a few more if growing regs.

Just now, NezA said:

A little addition :yep:

I guess you would just choose your pot size and veg time based on the number of females you get, and the space you want to fill? Doesn't sound like it's too difficult 

Thank you gents :yep: 

• Like 3

@Gaijin I always go on the crazy assumption of 50/50 so unless I'm looking for males I tend to pop double what I think I'll need... And subsequently end up carrying over a few girls for the next round normally :unsure:

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Just now, Gaijin said:

I guess you would just choose your pot size and veg time based on the number of females you get,

Bang on mate. See you're already 99% of the way there, expect a ~50% hit rate so pop twice as many as you think you'll need and then work out what you need to do to get the most out of what you end up with. It pushes you as a grower as well because you need to be adaptable to grow regs.

People managed just fine for decades before fems came along. It's not difficult, it's just ever so slightly less convenient.

• Like 4

I grow and make fems for outdoor growing. The reason is simply I can plant and leave. If I was growing indoor it would make any difference to me if theirs males or not. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, NezA said:

A little addition :yep:

cracking, but i meant in the eyes of the law :yep:

any way, i'm being a little hypocritical here as some of my crosses are from fems, but in my defence they are the last fems i have lol

all i'm trying to say is that time is short in this game and if you decide to make seeds with some nice plants you have grown you will wish after a while you started ages ago and kept growing your own hacks, you'll wish you didn't keep on with the fems, but this is just me speaking.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, NezA said:

Bang on mate. See you're already 99% of the way there, expect a ~50% hit rate so pop twice as many as you think you'll need and then work out what you need to do to get the most out of what you end up with. It pushes you as a grower as well because you need to be adaptable to grow regs.

People managed just fine for decades before fems came along. It's not difficult, it's just ever so slightly less convenient.

Right, I think we'll go with subbies next run, then. Thank you for the explanation :) 

29 minutes ago, ratdog said:

all i'm trying to say is that time is short in this game and if you decide to make seeds with some nice plants you have grown you will wish after a while you started ages ago and kept growing your own hacks, you'll wish you didn't keep on with the fems, but this is just me speaking.

Sounds fair, mate, thank you 

Fuck knows how I'll decide which subbies to pop first lollollollol 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ratdog said:

cracking, but i meant in the eyes of the law

Ahhhh that went entirely over my head I gave up worrying about plant numbers as soon as I decided to get into pollen chucking, the thought doesn't even register anymore lol

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NezA said:

If there's something on there that tickles your fancy you can always ping the user that made them a message, you'll find most seed makers are more than happy to talk to you about the beans they've sent in.

What I will say is that by restricting yourself to fems only you denying yourself some truly outstanding cannabis. I didn't think I could make regs work for me until I discovered I could. It's surprisingly easy to do.

I'll hopefully have some Fem submissions in the not too distant future as well.

But IMO there's a reason most subbies are regs, and there's also a reason why many members say subbies are among the best they've grown...

Food for thought perhaps.

I just growing FEMS for now mate until I get a bit of a stockpile going and a couple more grows under my belt then I can start messing around with regs and breeding mate

• Like 3

Aye and people do occasionally submit "FEMS." You can find out by speaking to the seed makers or checking their post history. (Most will have already explained the nature of the seeds they sent)

But with as much space and light as you have at your disposal hunting a pack of regs to find a fine lass to mum up is child's play. I manage it in a space that's a tiny fraction of yours. It's not just me that will attest that you're missing out looking only for "FEMS."

To each their own though, from the few interactions I've had with you I can tell you have a fairly firm idea about how you want to do things which is cool. I just leave you to it from here on out :yep:

• Like 3