*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

Congratulations to @Seedstockers-Mark for coming second in Amsterdam cup for edibles gummies consisting of fruit cake this might be old news but it just popped up on my tablet so sorry but top job mark as always

• Like 11

UK Cheese X Blue Digiberry from @Vicfirth12

large.1118202210449.jpg

Fingers crossed for a girl, I've also got 3 of Vics Chem D X Blue Digiberry going too but no pics of them , fingers crossed for a girl on those too!

Edited by mr rhino
  • Like 18

I was sorting through my seeds this evening, and noticed one pack of subbies (actually sent to me as freebie/bonus subbies) has white mould growing on the seeds. There are four without, but maybe for not much longer.

The seeds arrived a couple of weeks back, have not been stored in the fridge until now. So my own fault really, though I never opened the vial they are in.

I have read that mouldy seeds could still be viable, and can be disinfected with hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol. Anyone had this issue? Can I save these? 

Maybe can't quite make out the mould in the pic, but trust me it's there...

large.IMG_20221221_002207.jpeg

• Like 3

@Crow River thats not a pretty sight mate, sorry to read this.. never had mouldy seeds before but Id take 1 or 2 of the mouldy ones wipe them with iso quick rinse with water dry them well put in a fresh vial and back in the fridge.. hopefully another member pops in with some experience and can advise you better..

@brock1 has a wealth of knowledge maybe if he is about he could give his opinion :yep:

• Like 3

Thanks folks for the advice. I have plenty of clean, sterile vials. So if I can clean these up I could easily transfer them. Maybe the germination rate might suffer, but as long as I can get the mould killed off, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it... :) 

• Like 1

Are these mine? which strain are they?

they shouldnt be going mouldy in a vial unless they have been in a high humidity environment maybe?

if they are, stick em in water. if they dont sprout, send me a pm and ill send some replacements to joolz

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

@badbillybob, yes I'm afraid they are yours. BDBKush?

They came as "bonus" beans with a couple of packs of subbies. I was chuffed to get them. Should have put them in the fridge there and then, but forgot. 

I never unsealed them, they were with a whole bunch of other seeds for a few weeks - room temperature (coldest room in the house near outside wall and window), but not high humidity. Nothing else affected, but these were just in the bare vial, no ziplock bag or anything else.

Don't worry about it, I will try getting rid of the mould and then maybe a germination test. Though if they do sprout, I've nowhere to grow them right now... :rolleyes:

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

@badbillybob, I just looked at the photo I took when they arrived (early November), and I can see the beginnings of white mould in the vial even then. I didn't notice at the time, maybe I thought it was cotton wool or something. Anyway it's since spread.

Possibly they got humid when they were in the post, sitting in some cold, damp depot while posties were on strike?

large.DSC01591.jpeg

• Like 4

On 6/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Unfortunately, the Sickmeds breeder, Red, suffered a major setback a few years back now. after being robbed at gunpoint at his home/breeding compound then, in the ensuing police action against the robbers having his (100% legal) grow operation raided and almost entirely destroyed by Spanish police.

the ins and outs of the happenings are really awefull so I won't say any more.

I did wonder what happened... I lost my Psycho Crack purple pheno that was quite unique and was hoping I could source more but apparently not!

Front row UK Cheese X Blue Digiberry (untopped)

Back row Chem d X Blue Digiberry (topped)

The one in the middle didn't agree to being toppedlol

large.1124202214434.jpg

To @Vicfirth12 or anyone that's grown these , how long did they take to show sex?

Edited by mr rhino
  • Like 11

@mr rhino  From memory it was about 4-5 weeks for the Cheese x Blue Digiberry that i grew, I remember it showing a lot earlier than the two male (Cheese x Blues) x NoNames.

I did take a look back at my diary but i'm way too high to make sense of it atm lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@mr rhino I never did the Chem D justice really. Having said that the weed smokes nice enough. It is what it says. Like a blue hairspray lol … Watch out they stretch like fuck so I’d top them a couple of times or use a bit of LST 

The Chem d is the one im most interested in tbh...i think the one is a girl , they all look like they are gonna show soon...im hoping for a a pheno leaning towards the chem d.

• Like 3