*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

From my understanding with each subsequent generation you tend to get more variation and less vigour. That's not to say they won't be worth growing, especially if the original parents where really good quality, but just that you'll likely need to pop more seeds to find the real keeper. 

As far as I understand it, F1 will combine traits from the parents in equal proportions. So if you have a lanky sativa crossed with a short bushy indica, then the F1s will share these characteristics equally, they might be medium sized, not as bushy and with some sativa traits. The F2 is F1 x F1, and will produce a lot of variation. The F3 is F2 x F2, and will likely have less variation than F2, because the breeder has maybe selected certain traits, so for example going for medium sized and bushy.

Dunno how @ratdog went about it though... :) 

E2A: Reading above reply now. If there were 3 F2 dads and 1 F2 mum, then the F3 will inherit traits from the mum, but maybe different traits from the dads, so it depends how varied the dads were to some extent.

Anyway, I'm gonna give them a try... :yep:

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

Just now, Crow River said:

Dunno how @ratdog went about it though...

i'm just a hack mate, i'm certainly not claiming to have done anything more to this strain.

i'm more than pleased with the way my f2 came out, though my only regret is i didn't keep the mum. i had the same variation i get with f1's in regard tall/short plants with the three fems i had.

• Like 2

Just now, Hazeytones said:

@ratdog might be a stupid question but what is the ssdd in the killer skunk Cross? :smokin:

not at all mate, it's sunshine daydream, another cracking plant that cross was, huge yielder too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

@MindSoup well it's up to you buddy, the choice is all yours :)

I'm just making conversation really lol. I've got a no more seeds rule at the moment, so as tempting as some of those crosses of yours are I'll have to sit on my hands for now. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, ratdog said:

i'm just a hack mate, i'm certainly not claiming to have done anything more to this strain.

i'm more than pleased with the way my f2 came out, though my only regret is i didn't keep the mum. i had the same variation i get with f1's in regard tall/short plants with the three fems i had.

No worries! I did edit my post above:

5 minutes ago, Crow River said:

E2A: Reading above reply now. If there were 3 F2 dads and 1 F2 mum, then the F3 will inherit traits from the mum, but maybe different traits from the dads, so it depends how varied the dads were to some extent.

Anyway, I'm gonna give them a try... :yep:

If they are anywhere near the original Smile it will be worth it! :)

• Like 2

Just now, ratdog said:

not at all mate, it's sunshine daydream, another cracking plant that cross was, huge yielder too!

Sweet mate I've heard good things about the sunshine daydream just didn't recognise the abbreviation. :smokin:

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

I've got a no more seeds rule at the moment,

Ha! I tried that. Lasted about a month... :rolleyes:

Insufficient self control I suppose. :) Also had to get a few outdoor strains, you know how it is... :D 

• Like 2

I've made it about 7 weeks, not including the Orange Hazeberry Gum I got for my mate. Although I did keep the black dog cross I got as a freebie lol

• Like 2

Well @ratdog my smile f3s are on the way, very excited to try finding something as smile was the main one of OTs lines that I really wanted to grow but didn't think i'd get the chance so thanks a million! My hands will now be sat on until next year... 

And I don't like tagging joolz as I feel he is an extremely busy man but if you see this then tah mate!

• Like 4

@Rustybiff glad to help mate, like i said, i'm just hacking but i'm well chuffed with my jar full of f2, so being from the same mum there's a good chance of something similar i would think.

• Like 6