*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

@StonedCircle

I'd be interested in K2 seed mate. I've always been on the look out for the commercial cut of it. 

I managed to grab 100 seeds from home grown fanta seeds. 

But I'd like to get my hands on it from as many angles as I can. 

Also hearing that hindu kush was renamed NL2. I often wondered if the K2 was really nl2 x white widow. 

Either way.. It was the first weed I ever smoked & pulled my fair share of whiteys smoking K2 haha 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Welsh Tom said:

@StonedCircle

I'd be interested in K2 seed mate. I've always been on the look out for the commercial cut of it. 

Also hearing that hindu kush was renamed NL2. I often wondered if the K2 was really nl2 x white widow. 

Either way.. It was the first weed I ever smoked & pulled my fair share of whiteys smoking K2 haha 

im convinced it was nl2 x widow, but nl2 and hindu kush are meant to be the same strain, just renamed iirc

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Welsh Tom said:

@StonedCircle

did you crack the homegrown fantaseeds beans Tom?

Anything worthwhile among it. 

Edited by badbillybob

@badbillybob

Not yet man, waiting for a dedicated space for a proper project with them. 

Want to do an open pollination to start off with. 

Need to build some big shelving space to keep everything backed up in mothers & clones. 

I can see this being another wasted year of side projects & nothing really serious. 

• Like 4

I conceptualize sub seeds as a "charity auction" scenario.  No one BUYS seeds.  They are subscribing to support the site, the seeds are a nice incentive, a bonus etc. 

I suppose the biggest factor there, in my mind, is that anyone sending in seeds for subs has no potential for financial gain.  The effort they put into making the seeds, packing them, sending them in etc are all time and money lost for that person for the sake of supporting something they believe in, for whatever reason.  

With that being the case, and transparency being present, I see no issue with any seeds, of any sort being sent in. 

Everyone I've contacted on here, looking for info about a creation they've sent in, have been nothing but transparent.  I've had folks tell me they can't comment, as it was an accidental pollination and they haven't grow them.  That's great.  Thanks for the honesty, I can asses the situation now that I have the facts.  Then, on the other side of the spectrum, I've had people recite the entire history of the cross and the parents back 15 years or more.  That's awesome, too.  That's the variety of people/mindsets/approaches/detail-focus we have present.  

I've sent in a herm cross that was no doubt due to stress I created AND genetic tendencies, but they were sent in with a disclaimer as well as for freebies with purchases/subs.  I didn't want people getting something they think *might* be predictable, so I chose for the seeds I sent in to be available as a surprise addition, only. 

Just my opinion, but I think as long as transparency is present, and there's no reason for it no to be ( no potential for financial gain, remember), then it's all acceptable. 

This isn't a brain trust of Cannabis Cup winners.  Ultimately, this website is a collection of people that like to smoke weed and are really curious about growing weed, too.  A Marketplace Of Weed Ideas, if you will. Some "ideas" are good, bad, dumb, smart, useless and infinitely useful. Part of the learning experience is sorting through different plants with different variables and different tendencies. That's how you learn.  I'd bet my paycheck that the most legitimate, proficient growers/breeders out there are what they are as a result of sorting through odd and unpredictable situations, attempting to understand cause and effect, and applying that learning to better themselves and their "tool belt" for solving problems. The good growers don't inherently grow perfect plants, all the time.  They know how to handle and manipulate the plants/inputs/environment to get the best out of them. 

The "Marketplace Of Ideas" will sort the wheat from the chaff.  Human variability will always be present, and there will always be people who will focus their efforts on perfection, as they can achieve it.  And there will always be people who are totally content throwing a herm fem seed in the dirt and letting it ride.  Some people want to breed perfection, some people just wanna grow free weed, warts and all.  

sub-par weed turns into pretty decent weed when it's free, for a lot of people. And that's ok. 

I have no interest in growing plants that are perfect every time.  I WANT variability.  It makes it interesting, surprising and offers the potential to stumble across something unique. 

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 24

22 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

@StonedCircle

K2 had another name alright ,and some of these commercial cuts had two names .I think Misty was snow white and the seed made from them similar but Sensis Hindu kush wasn't the good allrounder that I remember ,like the Nirvana one .That might just be the timing of the growing ,the names stays but the seed change as is the case with Nirvanas Hindu kush . I used to go on a mission ,and I'd bet fellas leave old strains in fridges and drawers for so many years that the embryo says no ! 

• Like 3

On 08/04/2022 at 6:50 PM, latigid aikon said:

There is a 100% chance of them being feminised lol

This was the procedure back in the day called 'Light Poisoning' - terrible name - and entailed 

turning the lights on round about hour 5 or 6 of the dark cycle for an hour. I remember reading 

a write-up of this by Soma many years ago. I tried it - it worked.  

• Like 2

@Michael Luchóg

I saw nirvana had the K2, but when I went up to the booth at spannabis they were clueless & just told me they had been taken over &  seemed they just  hired a bunch of people to run the booth. Didn't really have any knowledge on anything in the catalogue. 

I think it's true about the old seeds just degrading over time in fridges. I recon that's the deal with some of the germination complaints with Mr nice gear. He posts pics of fridges of seed. Wonder if he's just bulk producing them & putting them away. Not really making fresh batches regularly. 

I know I've wasted seed like nobodies business. Sat on stuff waiting for the perfect time that never seems to come around. 

• Like 3

Guest anarchycamp

Let me get this right, to make fems they would turn the light on during lights off to get them to hermie then select the hermies as potentials?