*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

Just now, BilgePump said:

isn't blueberry particularly prone to chucking out knackers as a rule anyway? 

dunno mate, never had any from my smellyberry

it was barney's so...

• Like 1

by that, i meant, you will get 50% hermi and  50% female in the offspring but if anyone would care to educate me then as always it is appreciated

35 minutes ago, NezA said:

Bagseed is bagseed all sorts have bred with it over the years. If people want to take a punt with their hard earned money on some seeds that a member has been perfectly upfront about their origins that's up to them.

Would I personally grow them out? No. But I'm not going to bash someone for sending them in either, as long as they're listed with the fact they came from a hermi that was triggered by environmental issues I personally don't see a problem there. Now if the hermi tendancy was kept secret that's a different matter entirely...

Live and let live. 

Gorilla glue is the product of a hermie? Plenty of people have paid for that.

• Like 2

There is a difference between a plant that is a hermie when flowered in perfect conditions and a plant that throws a few male flowers when you have light leaks in the 12 hour dark period.

If you use pollen from a proper hermie some of the offspring will have that trait (is it 50%? I don't know) but if it's a plant that only turns hermie under stress from light leaks the only tendency it can pass on is the tendency to hermie under stress from light leaks.

• Like 6

@catweazle1 indeed, and it's far from an isolated case. People have been growing and breeding with Bagseed since time immemorial.

There's nothing wrong here IMO MindSoup has been perfectly upfront about how the seeds came to be, even OT1 himself released lines with Hermi tendancies...

To launch a tirade and getting hyper offended on behalf of hypothetical members that have been fully furnished with all the relevant information in order to make an informed decision about whether or not to grow them out is unnecessary. 

The primary purpose of a subscription is to support the site. We mustn't forget that the seeds are a welcome added bonus. No one that sends subs in would profess to be sending a fully polished complete work of art. They're free seeds made by mere mortal amateurs. Growing any of them is taking a punt, but in my experience almost all of them will be better documented than most of what's available at premium prices from professional breeders.

• Like 13

Just now, latigid aikon said:

There is a difference between a plant that is a hermie when flowered in perfect conditions and a plant that throws a few male flowers when you have light leaks in the 12 hour dark period.

If you use pollen from a proper hermie some of the offspring will have that trait (is it 50%? I don't know) but if it's a plant that only turns hermie under stress from light leaks the only tendency it can pass on is the tendency to hermie under stress from light leaks.

Right £150 a pack come on, these just became elite heirloom genetics lol. Rumour has it theres a roadkill skunk pheno...

• Like 11

Just now, 4kali said:

no mate them paticular types will be in the seeds i just sent in lol

Now we're talking, I'll expose the ones I'm growing to a light leak and this time next year I'll be a millionaire lol

• Like 6

Just now, 4kali said:

@MindSoup

no mate them paticular types will be in the seeds i just sent in lol

Yeah but mine are gunna have a really cool name with a z in it. 

Just now, NezA said:

At the low low price of £150? Will you take my left nut as a down payment?

No ta, I've already got one. You can have some on the house as long as you put pics on insta. I'll bring them to the next circle jerk.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Why don’t you make some for the subbies section? It’d be a good advert for the site and new members? … said half sarcastically and half seriously. I’m not here to fall out wi anyone like. @StonedCircle

I literally have tens of thousands of Somali landrace seeds in cold storage that will never see the light of day so when im back in the UK later in the year maybe ill send some in if people are interested. They will be equatorial sativas in their expression so not really suited to new growers imo. Mums managed to grow a few in the greenhouse tho so maybe im wrong lol

Even tho they are not made by me they represent one of the last untouched/un influenced surviving genepools remaining today. Somalia has been at civil war or most of my lifetime and has certainly not seen an influx of weed tourists so the genepool should be pretty much intact to what it was when i was born in the late 70s.

I also have a 4 different lines of Oldtimes, some C3 and Smile hybrids along with a shit load of K2 f2s made over a decade ago. This is where i would be personally looking for suitable Widow and NL dom afghani plants if i were to start a project ......

Ill definitely donate some of the above and show my love and appreciation for UK420 but i doubt ill be home until Christmas so we will see.

But i think its only right that those Somalis get given out some day, if only in terms of preservation. Breeding with them will certainly present some challenges!

3 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@StonedCircle I would love to have something like that Somali in the collection, I'd happily pay a sub for some. 

Between adults i promise i will make that happen when im home next :yep:

i am old enough to remember k2 and the soaring highs it gave, i smoked shitloads of it when i briefly stayed in Holland, and yes, id agree that its a great place to start from in search of old skool widow flavours.  it was an epic smoke back in the day.

i think the issue with hermies is that some are beginning to find it acceptable trait, i dont, and i certainly dont when im paying for some hyped shit which hermies aall over the show. its lazy breeding imho, f2 them and chuck em out, hope no one notices. 

the issue with giving them out as subbies is that if they are prone to hermie, it could spunk your entire tent, causing a huge waste of time/nutes/electric

anyway i look forward to seeing the k2 sometime in future, id even subbie up for them,and im as skint as baldrick on pay day......2 turnips and a pie from Missus Miggins shop skint.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 8