*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

@NezA apologies, I had no idea there was a change in the wings, as it were. I guess it could get quite complex keeping on top of a large number of partial lifers. Cheers for the update :yep: 

@Gaijin

No need to apologise well certainly not to me I did my part creating the monster myself lol

I think Joolz has been feeling the strain of late is all. As much of a blessing this place is I'm sure many of us can only begin to imagine the burden involved in keeping the wheels on the cart.

Personally I think there's room for a £60 sub bracket still keep the annual subscription benefits but get 3 packs of beans instead of 1, I think that would be an attractive option to a lot of folks.

E2A: Picking 7 packs at once can be tough at times, but I often look at the list and think "yeah there's at least 3 on there I'd want to give a bash." It's also a middle ground in terms of value.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Gaijin said:

If you order the lifetime sub, you don't have to choose 7 packs all at once

Fuck really? Well I never knew that lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NezA said:

This might be changing, last I spoke to Joolz the level of admin and the number of Lifers nowadays mean the system that allowed this to happen is getting rather complex and confusing, (we created a monster) I'm not sure that it will be possible going forwards. I know Joolz will continue to honour those with outstanding beans to be claimed I'm just not sure he'll be accepting anymore into the current list. 

Obviously not speaking for Joolz at all I'm sure he will confirm what's what in due course, it's just I'm not sure we should be promoting it to new subscribers at the moment. It'd be good if we could try to ease some of the strain where we can like.

Oh right, never mind then lol 25 a pack is still incredible value. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NezA said:

I know Joolz will continue to honour those with outstanding beans to be claimed I'm just not sure he'll be accepting anymore into the current list. 

I don't mind having an "IOU" list
the problem is where somebody requests a pack of beans, so I use a mail packet, go to the post office, stand in the queue, pay for postage, return home and the same person has requested another pack from the list, so that's another mail packet, another queue at the PO and another lot of postage, picking a pack at a time is 7 times the packaging, 7 times the queueing and 7 times the postage and that's just not sustainable either financially or time wise

• Like 23

@Joolz I for one would be more than happy to pay for a lifetime sub and then wait until I'd claimed all 7 packs (however long that might take) for them to be posted, if anything I needed quickly came up I'd pay a separate one off for them. Mind you I can see that getting quite difficult to keep track of as well. 

• Like 3

@Joolz That's taking the piss a bit, isn't it :doh:  You could maybe limit people to a maximum of 3 lots. Could be 2 packs the first time, 4 the next, 1 the last; whatever combo reaches 7 total in 3 packages or less to your house. Shame people can't just use a bit of common sense

eta: or much idea above @MindSoup:yep: I'd be happy to wait too

Edited by Gaijin

I always buy subs in years it helps to keep the lights on a bit longer the seeds are just a fucking good perk :smokin:

• Like 5

I never knew about the safari to the PO for every subbie pack, I'm on the IOU list with 4 packs to claim so will take all those in one hit...

...just waiting for the ones I fancy...Thanks Joolz...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Also a good idea @mikeydoughnut You’re a good man. There’s nothing stopping you from transferring £110. Or donating an extra 20 here or there. I don’t like going to the post office at all lol 

We should attempt to limit Joolz’ PO visits or pay a bit extra for all the faffing around. 

• Like 5

I've had a really nice Old School Genetics Old Widow go hermi on me, I'm 99% its environmental she had a hard life and my tent leeks light like a sieve. She's seeded herself quite well, alongside an OSG BD#5. 

Providing there's enough to bother with would anyone be keen if I sent them in as freebies for subs? I don't have space to test them myself, so they'd be a bit of a wild card, but there's some real potential in the genetics for anyone willing to take a punt.  

Pics of the girls in question. 

Bd#5: car tyres, gas, slightly fruity

large.PXL_20220403_131552467_compress35.jpg

The lady boy widow: hot baby sick, sour milk

large.PXL_20220403_132005929_compress49.jpg

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 9