*~More Free Seeds~*

Joolz

14 hours ago, hash72 said:

i bought some seeds recently 10 regs plus freebies, i cant get my head around how i would manage growing regs so i would like to gift them back if it was possible

Just to echo what @Dodgee said mate, I put off growing regs for years. Only just run my first regs at the back end of last year. I've been missing out all this time because I told myself the hassle wasn't worth it. 

All I can say is the extra hassle is minimal and I did myself a disservice. I say get em cracked mate there's no grower problem the hive mind of UK420 can't overcome. 

Have a think about it is all I'm saying. With some gentle "you can do it Bruce" Matilda style encouragement.

• Like 6

i dont have room to grow out 10 seeds then sex them and pick just 4 i need, i'm quite happy send them back to joolz

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Personunknown said:

I hope you have better luck with them than i did, just gave up on them today, :yinyang:

Are these the afghan haze ?

Just now, Personunknown said:

The ot haze x affie, no show p/towel

Ok mate, i will replace them if that's ok.

:yep:

• Like 7

Please dont worry mate , its just part of the hobby could've been me?, might be worth admin testing a few perhaps? :yep::yinyang:

• Like 2

I’m happy when I started growing that there was no fems or autos, we all just used cuttings, kept a mother or two. Very occasionally popped a seed but mainly cuts. I have sice grown autos and fems but hermie issues and weak poor cannabis leaves me scratching my head. I stick to my regs and all my hacks from Ugorg and oldtimer for the last 7 years and can’t see that changing what ever hyped up strain comes next.

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Personunknown said:

Please dont worry mate , its just part of the hobby could've been me?, might be worth admin testing a few perhaps? :yep::yinyang:

Its not you mate they are ancient, I germed some in 2018 by first washing them in bleach and then soaking them in coconut water.:lucky:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dr feelgood said:

Its not you mate they are ancient, I germed some in 2018 by first washing them in bleach and then soaking them in coconut water.:lucky:

I'm going to use a little hydrogen peroxide  water for a little soak. Then in to a paper towel in the heated prop.  

Coconut water? Would that be ok to use instead of water for the paper towel method. 

I'm also going to lightly scuff the shells. I heard somewhere that it helps water get in easier so speeds germination up.  

Bro science ? I dunno but to me it makes sense. 

• Like 4

Something I always do when I germinate seeds is I pop them in my mouth. I read it on here ages ago but can't remember who to credit. I just started doing it because it felt like the right thing to do. A couple of weeks back after discussing it in one of my threads, I wondered if there's any science to it. So I started researching It turns out one of the key enzymes in germination is amylase. Saliva contains amylase. I have no study to reference regarding this and it might just be coincidence. But amylase is the enzyme that kick starts the whole germination process by breaking down starches into maltose giving the seed its first simple sugars with which it can begin to build plant matter. I only have a rudimentary understanding of the processes at play. What I did discover is that attempting to germinate seed in saliva directly actually inhibits germination. My current theory is that if you leave the seed in saliva alone, the digestive power of the saliva comes into play breaking down too much and leaving the seed with nothing to build with. However a tiny amount might just kickstart the process. I always get really good germination rates, infact just a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd had my first seed that I can can remember in a long time fail to germinate. I've not popped hundreds but I've been through my fair share. Anyway about a week after it's brothers and sisters even that one popped up.

Worth a shot perhaps. 

Edited by NezA
  • Like 5

You're just a seed sex pest @NezA lol

Tickles me  that lol

Didn't the guy that sucked seeds state  that it imparted your DNA into the seed when you suck on a seed, or something  like that?

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 9

I can't remember tbh now @HazyDaze I mean I'm not sure about "imparting DNA" I certainly wouldn't word it like that. But if it is absorbing the amylase from the saliva, and that aids germination, then in a round about way perhaps it is. It'd be quite poetic if that's the case. Ultimately we grow this plant to interface with our endocannabinoid system, so if an enzyme we produce can help trigger germination there's a certain beauty to that.

I was up until half 3 last night reading papers on what causes reduced viability in seeds. Not light reading but interesting stuff none the less, reduced amylase activity is one thing that has been shown to impact viability. Again we're very much in the realms of bro science here, but there might be something to it.

I never thought I'd be getting a reputation for being a seed molester on a weed forum. That's a new one for the CV lol

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, NezA said:

I never thought I'd be getting a reputation for being a seed molester on a weed forum.

don't worry, you are on the list now mate lol

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Dan t said:

Coconut water?

Think i soaked them for a couple of days then put in them in paper towels, Also i only washed the seed in the bleach not soaked.

:lucky:

• Like 1