DIY Vaporizer build

MED

Thanks Lake :D

Wonder how many burns i will have before i complete this? lol

Just be careful. You might be better off if you lick the heating element, just to check its hot or cold before you touch it properly.

• Like 2

Just be careful. You might be better off if you lick the heating element, just to check its hot or cold before you touch it properly.

Top advice chap :clapping:lol

I also have one of those super sensitive bell end things..... :g:

• Like 1

Bell end would work, I always prefer the tongue though, its better at measuring heat and electrical currents. If you can't use your tongue, use your eyeball.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Good day so it is and i've been busy getting high at the workbench :D

I ordered some silver surfer parts of ebay for the sum of £40 and they arrived today way earlier than expected :guitar:

Fucking sweet :yep:

and with out much fuss it all came together as this rough as fook prototype lol

gallery_27674_4674_27787.jpg

gallery_27674_4674_154368.jpg

I took the cover off the sensor for maximum sensitivity and it allows it into the nook of the glass. so far that seems an ok placement for the sensor.

gallery_27674_4674_74195.jpg

gallery_27674_4674_677.jpg

So it's been alot of fun mucking about with the PID temp controller and getting nice big blasts of vapor pretty much straight out the gates

I had the sensor away from the glass at first so it was on constantly. The set up just seem to work very well. no burning and nice browning herbs. big vapor blasts.

After a small while the whole thing started getting too hot so i tucked the sensor in and set the device to auto adjust.

It plays around, ramping up and down getting a feel for things (best way i can describe it right now :stoned: ) then it settles and does its best to keep up.

An afternoon of vaping heaven and it just sits at 210c. it learns as it goes and seems to play games with me lol

Also i don't know yet how accurate that reading is. I must figure out how to read the air coming out :g:

I was gonna go into more details and take more pictures but before i knew it i was utterly wasted :smokin:lol

• Like 7

Thank you all for your kind words :)

here is prototype 2 with a new ceramic element. i broke the other one after posting last week :wallbash:

gallery_27674_4674_73315.jpg

(shabby :wassnnme: )

Feel free to ask questions, it is an ongoing project of sorts lol

Baked as fuck again :stoned: vaping is the business :badass:

Edited by MED
  • Like 5

I hope that's proper duck tape I see, don't want any corners cut or half assed attempts lol

Looks the business dude, how do you get the peas in? :spliff:

Edited by Floyd
  • Like 2

I hope that's proper duck tape I see, don't want any corners cut or half assed attempts lol

Looks the business dude, how do you get the peas in? :spliff:

Where? duct tape? That be heat shrink dude :D

I get the peas in very well thank you, not that its any of your business or even relevant in the slightest :offtopic:

Come over and have a shot man :yep: