DIY Vaporizer build

MED

Looks like an alien frog, very nice.

Tell me though, why does it have to have a revolving chamber? What am I missing? lol

hahaha it does look froggy lol

spinning it moves the weed around in the airflow. even while you inhale. just seems like a good feature to have. makes for even vaping. am i being anal? lol .... probably.

heres a mock up of something... a vape? hahaha

gallery_27674_4674_19875.jpg

having trouble with glass renders. this doesn't look quite right :unsure:

• Like 1

gallery_27674_4674_27711.jpg

got it looking better and tinted blue to help see things more clearly.

these are just fundamental designs. concepts. the glass maker would have their creative input hopefully.

Once i learn T-splines (organic shapes) the glass can be modelled to look more hand sculpted/blown.

This is for fun and its a serious project. the thermostat is on its way from China (up to 6 weeks?!?) the ceramic soldering iron is on its way and i just bought an ifrared heat gun from Lidl for £20 :yep:

thats the main bits for under £30. spending some money on handmade glass parts might be worth the investment.

Edit .. Infrared heat gun is just for measuring for curiosity's sake. its not being built in.

Edited by MED
  • Like 5

I like to make things my self. saving money is just a non-choice. i would spend loads if i could.

I look at some of the prices for these things and think WTF? no doubt its the best at what its meant to do but £180? for something that heats my weed up?

i have a two settings heat gun. settings are 1 and 2.

1600w thing. nothing at hand to make it into a vape tho :(

not really the kick back, hassle free contraption im after. but i reckon that would get the job done :D

Edited by MED
  • Like 1

i have a piece of old dentistry equipment used for sterilizing small hand tools after a little trip too tesco i found a glass jar a slim one witch had olives in and it fit in like a glove to the inside of the sterilizer then used a couple of bong pipes in the lid it aint great but by all means it aint shit

• Like 1

i have a piece of old dentistry equipment used for sterilizing small hand tools after a little trip too tesco i found a glass jar a slim one witch had olives in and it fit in like a glove to the inside of the sterilizer then used a couple of bong pipes in the lid it aint great but by all means it aint shit

I would love to see pics bud. Sounds ingenious :yep:

Well the Soldering iron arrived today and i took it apart straight away to have a look at what i have inside.

gallery_27674_4674_56169.jpg

This iron was the only one i could find that had a 60w ceramic element in it like the herbalaire.

the iron is rated at 20w or 130w with a button to get the boost. it would appear to be bollox tho as it only draws a little over 60w from the wall.

i took out the switch and it heats up to 200c in just under 7 seconds :D nice :yep:

just in case anyone wants to know... this is the herbalaire element hidden in an aluminium(?) housing with teflon parts.

gallery_27674_4674_7498.jpg

The PID temp controller should arrive soon too.

• Like 3

This will be the Thermostat for the element.

$T2eC16JHJF8E9nnC6UY2BP8QUU1Sqw~~60_12.JPG

£32 free P&P fleebay

Its is a PID controller. a smarter thermostat basically.

Wiki

A proportional-integral-derivative controller (PID controller) is a generic control loop feedback mechanism (controller) widely used in industrial control systems. A PID controller calculates an "error" value as the difference between a measured process variable and a desired setpoint. The controller attempts to minimize the error by adjusting the process control inputs.

The PID controller calculation (algorithm) involves three separate constant parameters, and is accordingly sometimes called three-term control: the proportional, the integral and derivative values, denoted P, I, and D. Heuristically, these values can be interpreted in terms of time: P depends on the present error, I on the accumulation of past errors, and D is a prediction of future errors, based on current rate of change.[1] The weighted sum of these three actions is used to adjust the process via a control element such as the position of a control valve, a damper, or the power supplied to a heating element.

Now if you understand that bloody well done as i barely get it lol

it just means it wont swing about the temp set point but hopefully give me exactly the temp i want constantly.

Total overkill for sure lol fuck it tho i still reckon with custom glass this will come in cheaper than a top end vape.

hope i dont eat my hat :wassnnme:

• Like 2

On the glass front things seem to be aligning :yinyang:

since the last concept render i have been looking at scientific lab glasswares as you can find a fantastic array of interesting Borosilicate glass items on ebay for great cheapness.

even glass parts from the silver surfer or Dabuhdda vapes are cheap.

only issue is i have some modifications that the glass would need and low and behold Original Glass has a new Glass Blower with scientific lab glassware experience :clapping:

exciting times :D the dude has a lathe :badass:

I love the idea of scientific lab glassware. some really nice antique glass for cheap on ebay :yep:

so concepts at this point kinda go like this...

using for example a da budda element cover. £21.99

Da-Buddha-Vaporizer-Heater-Cover-220x220.jpg

.. some ebay fittings.. loads for under £10 each

l_laboratory_bends_socket_to_cone.jpg

a custom weed vaporising chamber... What you think Doc? Price to be worth every penny no doubt :D

gallery_27674_4674_20783.jpg

gallery_27674_4674_42315.jpg

and a whip.... cheap.

ssv_whip_tube_main.jpg

PID temp controller £32

heating element £7

If i can keep the custom work down by using cheap pre made lab glass then this could work :guitar:

• Like 3

thanks Micro :D

Keeps me off the streets lol

Working on joints is technically challenging and my current herb chamber concept is all joints lol

here is a better render to explain.

gallery_27674_4674_73085.jpg

3 parts that all close together. the green balls denote the weed chamber itself. there should be holes for the air to get in and out around the chamber. that is the tricky part. small holes in glass aren't easy :(

If it could be done then it would be an all glass vape with no metal screens anywhere.

gallery_27674_4674_12403.jpg

Edited by MED

This render nearly melted my computer lol there is some kind of low refraction sub devide problem causing mosaic artifacts :book::wassnnme:

Its serves it purpose hopefully and shows how the weed ends up in the air path way.

gallery_27674_4674_21967.jpg

Edited by MED
  • Like 3