Ot1 Lot#5 Evolution.Smoke Reports & Info.

Guest Viva

What was the earliest harvesting test grow? Coz I kno it's early days for mine (14 days 12/12) but they're a lot more developed than I thought for a 10 wk strain. More developed than 8-9wk stains I've grown. And being so sativa dom, wouldn't it be best to cut it at the early stage of peak maturity, as we all know that later harvesting produces the 'couch-lock' type of high. Here are mine at 12 days.

Reds mate you are asking questions that mainly only you will be able to answer, L#5Evolution mainly falls in 8.5 to 9.5 week band for flowering as an average, very few were ready at just over 7 weeks and there have been a few that went to a little over 10 weeks.

One thing that has come to be more evident is that Lot#5Evolution likes a lot of light the more intense the light, the better as long as there is good temperature control and air exchange, even the time of selected clones will vary a lot in different rooms, as the individual environment over all can make a huge difference, a favourite clone grown in my area, ran to just about 8 weeks in one 400w room several times, the same cut ran to just over 9.5 weeks in a different room with a Gavita Pro-Line running full whack at 1000W or 1150W, and the yield was nearly 4 times the 400w room, even the buds looked totally different, also the 1k bud was more potent and complex than the .4k room.

I'm not saying that big lights are the way to go, but more that its how well the whole grow environment is fine tuned, even I was shocked at how big the 1k plants were, I only looked near harvest, I can only think that it took longer in both the grow and bloom period forming up such large plants, so I can say that your question relates to your individual grow room and how it is set up, guessing how it will perform is just that "guessing" I would suggest that running a grow and finding out what actually happens is part of the fun, I hope you find some really nice smokes from your fems, there are some lovely types to be found, the better the environment is, the more fully this cross will fulfil its genetic potential.

As I said to AA, harvest by the stage of development by looking at them, if in doubt try chopping a few nugs a few days apart to see what you like the best.

• Like 13

One thing that has come to be more evident is that Lot#5Evolution likes a lot of light the more intense the light, the better as long as there is good temperature control and air exchange, even the time of selected clones will vary a lot in different rooms, as the individual environment over all can make a huge difference, a favourite clone grown in my area, ran to just about 8 weeks in one 400w room several times, the same cut ran to just over 9.5 weeks in a different room with a Gavita Pro-Line running full whack at 1000W or 1150W, and the yield was nearly 4 times the 400w room, even the buds looked totally different, also the 1k bud was more potent and complex than the .4k room.

That's very good to know oldtimer, thanks! Once I have selected the one(s) I like most, they are definitely going under the big light next time. (At the moment I'm looking to get about 100g from a decrepit old 250W, which is better than nothing)

Nice one Ot. I've got my 4 Evo flowering under a 600w Dual spec HPS, ina 1.2m tent but some other strains will be joining them ina week or 2. A new 6in Systemaire RVK extractor and plenty oss. fans so environment is spot on. New 6in Rhino filter came yesterday and that will be going in Weds night. I've spent a small fortune on my grow recently.Add to that a new Variac fan controller, which I love. Great piece of kit. All this new equipment should add up to one of my better grows, fingers crossed. I've never paid so much attention(and dollars!) to my environment before. I just hope it pays me back alittle. Coz the genetics are there, that's for sure. Let's hope I get lucky with my phenos. Cuts have been taken from them all. Well, spose I better get back to work! Thanks again, Ot. Atb, reds :king::skin_up:

A couple of things to update:

- Firstly, after the change of lightbulb (and a wee drappie of extra N in the feed) the plants got a new lease of life, especially that #5, which is now absolutely bristling with new white pistils. I am sure it can easily take another 10 days before chopping. Thanks for the tips OT1, everything seems to respond just as you suggested.

- I tried vaping a bit of #3 (before it was even quite dry). Excellent weed, I was surprised how clear it was, quite like a haze initially, although it builds to quite a profound, deep high, could be very meditational. I am a bit surprised by this, I thought it would have more of a "thrasher" effect, but this one didn't, anyway. Very pleasantly surprised, I could easily live with this weed... this pheno at any rate. Loads more testing to come.

The smoke is already very smooth, with some pleasant though not too strong smells, I'm sure a cure will do wonders here.

Anyway, I brought one more down today, here it is, #2:

(Had started to have a few nanners, nothing serious, probably made worse by me fooling around with the light.)

Pheno #2 - 64 days:

gallery_65833_4322_127448.jpg

gallery_65833_4322_139239.jpg

gallery_65833_4322_113944.jpg

• Like 5

Very impressed with the evo so far - strong plant minimal stretch no supports needed (yet) - below is in a 6 litre air pot in jab mp with no added ji with pm nutes under a 400w on day 28.

gallery_40306_4554_90823.jpg

gallery_40306_4554_112937.jpg

gallery_40306_4554_28261.jpg

gallery_40306_4554_6891.jpg

I think its going to out yeild a mango x ssh clone in a 11 litre square pot next to it.

• Like 4

I got 5 females and 4 phenos :

#1) tallest , baseball bat shape colas with an earthy sort of smell :unsure:

#2) shortest , more fruity and fat

#3) two that look the same ,medium size and similar smell to pheno 1

#4) garlic scent (i wonder if there's old skunk # 1 in the mix )

All have very big heavy buds that needed support, topped twice in veg but they still doubled in height since day one of flowering (11/13 light cycle)

This is pheno # 2 at 53 days under 600w MH, one more week to go i think :guitar:

med_gallery_57172_4375_167878.jpg

• Like 6

Pheno #6 was a runt, by far the smallest and sparsest yield.

I didn't even bother keeping a clone. It does have some interesting deep smells. It is also only one with a "skunk" component in the smell.

gallery_65833_4322_104306.jpg

• Like 5

And finally (ta-daa) the best looker and biggest yielder, pheno #5.

This had a new lease of life after the light change which is why it came down last.

The bud is impressively compact (unlike some of the others), so much so in fact that I lost about a gram to bud rot!

That has never happened to me before indoors, not with the sativa-leaning stuff I usually grow.

I must be one of the very few people who is happy to have had bud-rot!

The smells are OK but still pretty mild.

Smoke reports will follow one everything is dry and presentable.

Some pics meantime:

gallery_65833_4322_224256.jpg

gallery_65833_4322_34494.jpg

As you cansee, this one has thrown a few late nanners, but who cares, at this stage?

gallery_65833_4322_161479.jpg

gallery_65833_4322_13208.jpg

gallery_65833_4322_18158.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks for the feedback AA, a few smoke reports would be nice good or bad, I don't think there have been any yet, all my test growers said nice things, I personally liked the ones I have tried, I just hope people who bought bean also like them.

• Like 2

Lovely stuff Arthur - I'm sure the smell will creep up in the jars for you :yep:

OT - sorry mate I've been properly slack with my smoke reports :rofl: A little too much testing methinks :blushing:

I've drafted a few thoughts into a note - just need to type it up proper. Give me a day or two :D

Hope you're well mate,

:yinyang:

Z.

• Like 2

Lovely stuff Arthur - I'm sure the smell will creep up in the jars for you :yep:

OT - sorry mate I've been properly slack with my smoke reports :rofl: A little too much testing methinks :blushing:

I've drafted a few thoughts into a note - just need to type it up proper. Give me a day or two :D

Hope you're well mate,

Z.

it would be lovely to have your thoughts on the strain, I intend to do another small release of L#5Evo this month if I can, I have several birds eye shop visits to make for both diabetic retinopathy scan and also my glaucoma which has improved a little but the IOP is still way to high.

I would also like to know if any of the growers reporting on L#5Evo, think I need to alter anything in my strain description here!

• Like 1

Sorry again for the delay - here's my thoughts:

Lot5 Evolution Smoke report and info

The smell of the buds, which was very citrusy and lemony in flower, has developed nicely in the jars and changed quite a bit in the first two weeks. Now all three phenos have strong main notes of mango in varying states of ripeness, with complex undertones of melon, pineapple and sweet spices. I have been really surprised with the smell strength. For some reason I expected them to end up with a somewhat delicate perfume, but since first going in the jars all three phenos have been pungent and, as the mango flavours have come through, the smells have just got stronger and stronger. Lip smacking!

The taste is very similar to the smell really, though maybe with a touch more of a hashy flavour in there. All three phenos are truly lovely to smoke, with the mango led fruit cocktail hitting the spot every time. Through a vapouriser especially, it's a real taste experience - more complex than anything else I've put through there and definitely the kind where you roll the vapour/smoke around in your mouth as you try to pin it down.

The high is very much as described, with a distinct lack of body stone to accompany the head buzz. It's not alarming, not in the 3 phenos I've got, but it's certainly a bit different to smoking most strains. It's quick to get a nice buzz on, and easy to maintain without smoking too much, but almost completely without the normal sleepy effects. I've been extremely toasted up top, but had no second thoughts about scooting off for a bike ride. The normal reluctant trudge to the shop for supplies - not this time :D Anyone want anything?!

I find the high almost perfect. It's strong enough to compete with anything I've ever smoked, but its unique buzz is just wonderful - happy, creative and alive! Not that I suffer too badly anyway, but I've found no paranoia on my trips out and about - just trying to hide my grin :D

The closest strain I've had the pleasure of smoking would be Smile - one pheno in particular which felt like it physically lifted you up as you inhaled. It was great stuff for smoking during the day, leaving you enough wits and buzz to get things done, but all with a big fat smile on your face. The Lot5 Evolution plants are like this too, but are definitely stronger and, with a little over indulgence, you can get truly battered! Also, unlike that Smile plant, I find it pretty easy to sleep after smoking lots of Lot5 Evolution, which is great as I haven't got much else right now! :)

Finally, I've been impressed by the uniformity in my 3 plants. While the buds were noticeably different in flower, the final result is very similar across the jars. There are subtle variations between them, but the main flavours and, more importantly, the same high is to be found in all three.

Afraid to say I didn't weigh my buds, but I can safely say OT isn't joking about the large yields. My three Evos go right to the top of my list of largest plants and biggest buds! The stretch was around 2.5 - 3x and easily manageable with a bit of training. Bud support is absolutely essential!

The plants were a dream to grow - strong and full of vigour. I was a little worried about the hermy issue, but had no problems at all. In fact one of my other plants in the tent did hermy - a regular seed from a reputed breeder - which probably means the Evos would have gone the same way of they were easy to set off. Overall just very easy to recommend to anyone who likes a good smoke. For lovers of buzzy sativas and interesting highs it's damn near essential! :yep:

I think it's my new favourite strain. What more can I say? :)

Z.

• Like 30